Motolanna Swingarm Swap

NA3S

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and guess that the answer is no. That thing costs more than a lot of people bought their entire bike for. I have probably only ever seen 2 or perhaps 3 people actually swap out the swing-arm. Many more people modify the stock one, typically by lengthening it.

It's becoming a bit more common for fork swaps now, but the swing-arm has some catching up to do. There isn't a whole hell of a lot of good data out there at the moment in regard to what actually fits. Most people are only interested in direct bolt-ons and dealing with the whole rear wheel alignment/spacers after probably acts as a barrier. It is possible I may have missed a few projects though.

I'm not sure if this one panned out ok as I never saw a finished product. http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12178 81 xs400H with 86 yx600 Radian swing arm, wheels, Forks and triple

Anyway, you should let everyone know exactly what model you have.

Last edited:
I've got both, an '80 xs400 and a '79 sr500. If you want, I can take some measurements for you as I have swing arms separated from their respective frames at the moment...

Mototrooper I appreciate the offer, I've a few SR/XT500s myself, I just need to get around to pulling the tape and getting few measurements.

I'm still in forum/web/research mode with several aspects of this build, thanks though!

Back