My build progress so far......

I was only able to put a few hundred km's on the bike after the install before winter made me park the bike. No issues were encountered during that time.

The only possible negative that I noticed is that at very slow (walking) speeds there is a noticeable vibration from the chain links passing over the roller. I was initially concerned that it would be worse at speed, but that hasn't been the case. I've ridden on country roads, city streets, and highways at speeds up to 140kph and not had any problems. The roller is showing a slight bit of wear from where the chain has been running, but nothing to be concerned about. It will eventually wear out, but since it is an "off the shelf" part, replacement will be simple and painless.

I was only able to put a few hundred km's on the bike after the install before winter made me park the bike. No issues were encountered during that time.

The only possible negative that I noticed is that at very slow (walking) speeds there is a noticeable vibration from the chain links passing over the roller. I was initially concerned that it would be worse at speed, but that hasn't been the case. I've ridden on country roads, city streets, and highways at speeds up to 140kph and not had any problems. The roller is showing a slight bit of wear from where the chain has been running, but nothing to be concerned about. It will eventually wear out, but since it is an "off the shelf" part, replacement will be simple and painless.

Cool.....thanks for the input :D
Think I'll maybe mock up a couple of different options,see how they line up..
Pics to follow :thumbsup:

How to take a brand new Harley fender and chop it up with a grinder within 10 minutes of getting it outta the box!!!!:yikes: haha....
It's only rough fitted,needs trimming and fitting properly...still not sure if i'll go with it or stick with the original:confused:

Attachments

• $T2eC16NHJIgFHSQDguRFBR9ifPT9T!~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16NHJIgFHSQDguRFBR9ifPT9T!~~60_57.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3971.jpg
    IMG_3971.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_3973.jpg
    IMG_3973.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3974.jpg
    IMG_3974.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_3976.jpg
    IMG_3976.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 261
Cool.....thanks for the input :D
Think I'll maybe mock up a couple of different options,see how they line up..
Pics to follow :thumbsup:

Sooooo.......first go at the chain roller/tensioner.:yikes:

It's a GSXR rear brake pedal I had bought for something else.:wink2:
I cut peg off,Drilled a few holes in it,and attached a pit bike chain roller with some brass wingnuts to finish it off.:D
There's no spring at the moment....you can set/adjust the tension by loseninig the bolt at the frame and rotating the arm.:shrug:
I'll see how that works,and maybe add a spring if needs be :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_3988.jpg
    IMG_3988.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3985.jpg
    IMG_3985.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3984.jpg
    IMG_3984.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_3983.jpg
    IMG_3983.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3980.jpg
    IMG_3980.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 235
I like it. I need to come up with something like this myself. I am running very tight chain clearances due to my huge rear shocks.

I think for a hard-tail you may be able to get away with no spring; the chain won't be flexing and moving nearly as much as it would be with rear suspension moving up and down all the time.

:thumbsup:That's kinda what I was hoping....I do have adjusters on the axle also,but I'm hoping to be able to keep that in one setting,and just fine adjust with the roller.
I've got to get a custom length chain made also....

Do you have any extra 530 chain to play with? You might be able to just buy an extra long chain and cut it to size yourself. If you have flexible measuring tape you can probably calculate the required length too!

Hey Fella's........
Little bit of a progress update....
First off,got my Harley rear 'guard final fitted and trimmed up.Just needs a bit of filler when the back wheels of next.:)

Got my Vintage Lucas tail light stripped,primed a painted.Replaced the cracked lense with one I made from some red plastic,polished the hell out of it with some plastic headlight cleaner,and replaced the bulb holder for a modern one,complete with LED bulb.:D

Finally,bought some micro switches for the indicators,to mount in the handlebars....been after some of these for ages,as I think they look the nuts,and finally found some at a reasonable price!!!!...am really pleased with how they look fitted!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_4172.jpg
    IMG_4172.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4177.jpg
    IMG_4177.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 246
  • tail light 1.JPG
    tail light 1.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4183.jpg
    IMG_4183.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_4173.jpg
    IMG_4173.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4174.jpg
    IMG_4174.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_4175.jpg
    IMG_4175.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4176.jpg
    IMG_4176.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 245
Sexy handlebar buttons. I'm a bit jealous.

What are those grips made of?

Hey BC....

They are alluminium,made to look like wood!:yikes:
I think they're awesome.:D
Really do look like wood too.:thumbsup:
They are made for 1" bars,so had to make an adapter sleeve for them to fit,as my bars are 7/8".:doh:
I got them from H.K on ebay,worked out about £25 with shipping.....had to wait three weeks for delivery though......I think they sent 'em by pigeon!!!!!:shrug:

They look like they would get very slippery with a sweaty hand or wet glove and could become dangerous.

Back