My First Build/ Restoration

Got a few more parts in the mail, still waiting on engine seals.
2013-11-04230824.jpg

Your project is looking good so far. Mine is just coming to a close after over a full year of rebuilding. Hope you have a set of extract drill bits and flute extractors. Like everyone here you will probablly aquire some new tools along the way or figure out some creative new ways to use old tools. I like the direction you are going with your bike. Its always good to take your time, and personally ... I dont wrench after 6 beer (anymore).

Some good things to study would be the wiring diagram and torque specs all round. You can iscolate alot of issues by running continuity test on the wiring harness when it is disconnected and fuses removed ....make sure everything connects as it should and is not connecting where it shouldnt. When your final build is done it will be so much easier to troubleshoot any individual component failure + splicing at that point is a PAIN.

Welcome to the club... where do you want your tatoo?

I can't remember exactly but I got them off eBay. Got the head and cover cleaned so far with my friends sand blaster with walnut shells. Got to finish the rest of the motor so I can move onto paint.

GEDC1153.jpg

GEDC1157.jpg

Small hiatus, eh?

Looks good. The walnut polishing would've done a great job on my motor.

Next time.

Back