Neutral light sensor / indicator oil leak

xsbeachhopper

XS400 Member
Reaction score
2BCF7B57-BCA2-4294-BDB2-223BC90BD150.jpeg
I wonder if anyone can help? I’ve got an oil leak and not sure what to change, how complex a job it is and where to get the part. Assuming there’s an o ring/seal behind the plate pictured

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Looks like your missing the switch. The switch has an o-ring that goes bad and can be replaced.
s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Looks like your missing the switch. The switch has an o-ring that goes bad and can be replaced.
View attachment 34962 View attachment 34963

Hi again Chris. No, I’ve taken it off as the o ring has perished. I have a new o ring for it.
So, is a bit of oil normal (as in the pic) and the o ring and cover seal it up, so no oil comes out? Cheers for the speedy response.

Pics tomorrow, as progress being made and looking a bit more presentable.

There should be some oil behind the switch cover to lube the sensor switch. So with a new o-ring you should be good. Check to make sure the cover doesn't have any cracks in it and be careful tightening the screws as this is how it gets cracked most of the time.

There should be some oil behind the switch cover to lube the sensor switch. So with a new o-ring you should be good. Check to make sure the cover doesn't have any cracks in it and be careful tightening the screws as this is how it gets cracked most of the time.

Hi chris
Had fun and games with it this morning. One of the ears snapped trying to reinstall- the o ring was probably too much, as there was a lot of resistance. Oiled the new o ring and wound them in slowly and evenly, as shown by my engineer father

For anyone that picks this thread up later -
New kit from yam parts here : https://yambits.co.uk/advanced_sear...HC+Neutral+Switch+Kit&search_in_description=1

Attachments

• 50E87550-5057-4C48-B1C7-F7FFFAC87218.jpeg
    50E87550-5057-4C48-B1C7-F7FFFAC87218.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 274
Back