New bike/build- Cafe to bobber

Hellojojoe

XS400 Member
Reaction score
New here. First bike, first build on two wheels. Here goes nothing i guess

i build cars, sheetmetal foreman for a living. Bored lately with my projects and decided what the hell. Lets build a bike(recently divorced at 27yrs old. So yeah bad decisions here we go)

Bike is a 1977 yamaha... the kicker, vin runs as a xs400.

Head says 358cc(360?)

Honestly all i know is it didnt idle, pissed oil like a harley and i talked him down to 500 bucks

Attachments

• 00Y0Y_h0VFtDOvUfr_600x450.jpg
    00Y0Y_h0VFtDOvUfr_600x450.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 238
After riding it, i couldnt stand the paint and the idle issue along with numerous other odd bits

Tore it apart, cleaned the carbs and got it to idle. Stripped the black and cleared what i found underneath because i dig it

Attachments

• 20160510_121853.jpg
    20160510_121853.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 224
The motor would be from an XS360. Whole bike could be.
Does the motor VIN match the one stamped on the frame?

Looks like a 77 xs360 2-D the frame and motor vin will tell for sure.

Will check today once i get off work, need to clean the tag up and make sure anyways

I think i figured out how to picture hahaha

You can see two of what id normally build in the driveway. Had to clean the frame and paint it wh8le rewiring the bike

Went through and soldered everything, new fuse box and deleted a bunch of not needed junk

Kick, lights,brake thats it.

Started like this

Now its alittle less of a heap but still not what i want

Bobber, older style of course. I mean its not the fastest or prettiest so i just want to build what i like

Probably riding it to work friday and cutting the ass off. Picked up some 1.25 wall dom today and drawing some stuff up

Back