new brake disk for the tracker

mags def leave you more room, I have about 1mm either side with the caliper central.

that bracket took 2 hours to make, not hard just lots of drill, sawing and filing!

That is awesome work Drewpy! I ran across this thread while looking to see what people have done for caliper brackets.

If anyone has a CAD drawing of a bracket I'd be interested in getting a hold of it as I have access to facilities on my university campus.

That is awesome work Drewpy! I ran across this thread while looking to see what people have done for caliper brackets.

If anyone has a CAD drawing of a bracket I'd be interested in getting a hold of it as I have access to facilities on my university campus.

thanks carreragt7

each installation is different, CAD xs has a cad drawing, but there are a few permentations that would make it unusable.

you need to get your parts together first and take it from there.

Thanks for the info! I have already sent CadXS a PM about his drawing. I'm not super knowledgeable with CAD programs but have a few Manufacturing Engineering Technology buddies who are old pros with various programs.

I've got a Nissin caliper from a CBR600RR that I'd like to use, as well as it's rotors but I know the rotors aren't the correct fitment for our bikes. Does the Seca have different brakes than the regular 400? I've gotten a little confused by some of the info I've come across online about what is compatible between the SOHC and DOHC, and/or with the XS650.

have you checked the list of disks with the correct holes that will fit the sohc hub?

seca is a totally different bike to the sohc bikes

I think you need to be looking a XJ stuff, namely the xj550 model and what fits that.

The German guys fit those forks as they are for twin disk setup

Hi Guys, I have a sexy black anodised CNC machined disc spacer for sale if anyone is interested in doing this brake upgrade. Let me know and ill PM you the details.

IMG_2185.jpg

Capture.JPG

Back