new brake disk for the tracker

Cad I would be interested in the dimensions of the updated bracket as well. My rotor and caliper should be here this week. Time to brush up my milling skills lol

Ok, for those of you who want to run these brakes, Im having a friend water jet me a few brackets. If all works out Ill be selling them on the cheap if anyone is interested.

interest!! hey tonup, i just noticed you're in Seattle, i'm 2 hours north of you and head over the border pretty often for racing at PIR and evergreen, and to pick up parts at my PO box

okey dokey, got the spacer yesterday and it fits!!:rock:

I used one of the drawings for the SR and made a mock up with washers and plywood to get the gap right.
The disk is about 1mm from the fork lower and brings the caliper about a 1mm from the spokes.

for the bracket, it look slike I need 65mm x 180mm x 12.9mm ally plate and a rebate where the caliper is of 2.9mm. This will bring out the caliper off the fork leg mounts by 2.9mm. Still need to check that though.

Attachments

• IMAG0263.jpg
    IMAG0263.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMAG0264.jpg
    IMAG0264.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 245
  • disk-spacers400.jpg
    disk-spacers400.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 230
that is some real refined looking fab work. looks realy slick, tires look good also cant wait to wear mine out.

Drewpy that set-up looks sweet! Well done :thumbsup:

My good news is my bracket is finally done! I met a fantastic bloke at a funeral of all places who said he could machine it for me. Twelve Titliests and a case of booze later and I have a nice, shiny new bracket.

I had Caddys design slightly modified so that it ran parallel to the fork leg and also added a bit more meat around the caliper mounting holes.

Now to work out the spacing for the disc, hopefully ill have time this weekend. Even though im running mags I dare say the dims will be much the same as yours Drewpy.

Caddy, thanks for all your help with the design, she came up a treat!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

photo.jpg

nice jray, looks about the same as mine.

My alloy came yesterday, but I'm out weekend camping with the scouts.

We have a bank holiday this Monday so I can get stuck in then!

well I made my bracket today. used cardboard, a drill and a hacksaw.
Old School, and I'm leaving it raw.

a21b7ce0.jpg

39248b9f.jpg

put me front mudguard on too

3c572c61.jpg

Nice work Drewpy, that bracket looks more professional than domestic!!

I've done my measurements and an 11mm spacer on the hub and 1mm spacers between the fork slider mounts and bracket will leave approx 2mm between the caliper and mags, and 2mm between the disc and fork slider. Drewpy it seems the dims differ slightly between mags and spokes. That said, I'll have to confirm once may spacer is made and I put it all together!

Back