New Guy/New Build

waycoolsportster

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newbie here..hailing from the cornfields of Indiana!! Some of you might know me from the other forums, I am a regular on the Sportster forum, xlforum.net and also a regular on xs650.com.
I just picked up an '82 XS400 and intend to make it a pretty cool little bobber for my girlfriend's first bike.
I will be posting pics of the bike real soon so you can follow along with the build!!

welcome man, good intro and glad to have you aboard :thumbsup:

to post an image with your text just hover the mouse in photobucket and copy the IMG tags and paste in your text box

006.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna stay with the swingarm...already installed Honda Rebel shocks (10.5 inch). Rode the bike for the first time this afternoon. I gotta say, I am very impressed with it!!!!!

Welcome man! Looks like a great bike to start with. Where in Indiana are you from? I live in Jeffersonville.....just across the bridge from Louisville, KY....

Awesome, lots of new members this week. Welcome to the forum mate :thumbsup: You definitely need to start a build thread some we can follow your progress.

welcome from chicago. just across the border. it looks pretty sharp as it. how much did you pick that up for? are you going a little more brat style or just a trim the fat but no cutting kinda thing?

Thanks everyone for the comments and welcomes. Look for a build thread on this one starting later this week. UPS boxes should start showing up on Tuesday, I have about 90% of the parts ordered (I think)!!!!!!

greeting fellow hoosier. Have a 82 xs 400, looked exactly like yours before I started. I cafe'd mine. thinking about doing a bobber to my 650. maybe we should meet up with hard tail and ride. I know the best spot in southern indiana, (little dragon)
have fun.
full

welcome, that is a super clean looking bike! i love the stance these bikes have stock, they look really nice. cant wait to see what you do!

Back