New here from Ohio

Bizzy13

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, names Bizzy and Im from Cleveland. Just sold my 82KZ440 Bobber build and picked up this lil 81 xs400 bobber. It looks good, though I plan on some changes, but it has mechanical issues. I thought this would be a good place to find some tips, advice, share and exchange some knowledge and share my build as well as see some others.

You thought correctly. This is not just a good place, it's the best :)

I'll be the first for this one then: Pics or you don't own a bike!

Welcome!

I'm not seeing a way to add pics from my tapatalk app. There's a pic icon in all my other forums, but not this one. ? I can add links but not pics.

Willem, there isn't one showing up. It does w/ ally other forums but not this one. Weird. When I hit the advanced wheel icon it lets me choose only links.

going to attempt to upload pics

Attachments

• IMG_1353[2].jpg
    IMG_1353[2].jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1345[3].jpg
    IMG_1345[3].jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_1349[1].jpg
    IMG_1349[1].jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 249
Here's a few pics. Now it has the red MikesXS oval pods, other than that this is what she looks like. She runs perfect and looks great and she's 4sale, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1341[3].jpg
    IMG_1341[3].jpg
    303 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1350[1].jpg
    IMG_1350[1].jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 230
I just got spoiled w/ my KZ. I don't like this bike, it looks good and runs fantastic but it just doesn't have any power, it doesn't have that big sound Im used to, and it's small and uncomfortable for me. I'm 5'9" 220. Feels likes a hobby horse w/ a lawnmower engine, lol. Kinda sounds like one to. Lol

Hmm I can't say I feel entirely different. I love the XS but it is a bit small for me as well, with my 6'4''. Was riding for about 90 minutes on the highway the other day and my back was aching quite a lot after that, and my legs were all cramped as well. Would have to change to forward controls and a different handlebar to get into a comfy position I think..

Some day when I get the $$ I'll buy another bike, probably keep this one just for fun :)

Hmm I can't say I feel entirely different. I love the XS but it is a bit small for me as well, with my 6'4''. Was riding for about 90 minutes on the highway the other day and my back was aching quite a lot after that, and my legs were all cramped as well. Would have to change to forward controls and a different handlebar to get into a comfy position I think..

Some day when I get the $$ I'll buy another bike, probably keep this one just for fun :)

And raise the rear end up by installing longer shocks will also help.:)

Up? Nooooo!!!!! Hell no! Lol. Hardtail and drop it down 2 more inches if anything. My Seat was a quarter inch off the tire on my Kawi. If it ain't low I ain't riding it, lol. I always complain the ass on this thing is way too high. I bitch about it all the time. This needs a hardtail w/ a 3" drop and 5" stretch and some mini apes!! :)

Bizz your bike by the pics just looks like it sits to low and reaching to those handlebars looks like it would be very uncomfortable for riding.Maybe with different type of handlebars it would make it more comfortable.:wink2:
I know the stock bars suck I want to replace mine but I have wait till the funding is there first.Like I told ya about earlier I have dig into my back brakes plus bleed my front.My front brake handle broke but It maybe temporarly fixed for the moment. Since I have hardly any brakes I havent been riding lately cause I know its not safe.Im hoping this weather cools off so I can get back to working and fixing my bike.The list of to dos keeps piling up:banghead:Then to make matters worse I have to get my bike inspected.

Back