Newbie with a shopping list.

yomamaha

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
howdie, I've been spying on this forum for a while and recently decided it was time to join in the fun. I own a 1978 xs400e (dubbed the "YoMamaHa) that I inherited from my father. He bought it new and rode it for a few years (he laid it down with my mom on the back on their first date) and then it sat in my grandparents garage for 30 years. I received this bike 7 years ago, fixed it up and rode it for a year until some stupid hit it (while parked in the back 40) in a parking lot and did a good bit of damage. So, I now have the time to rebuild the bike again, but I am in need of some parts and a hole lot of advice.

The parts I'm looking for, otherwise known as what is obviously beyond repair (this list will grow considerably as I start stripping down):

complete front fork assembly
exhaust headers and mufflers

Thanks

Welcome here and good luck finding exhaust systems,they are in high demand and often pricey.
Im sure you`ll probaly want to ad a carb rebuild kit to your list.

Go check out the Classifieds section, lots of stuff shows up there. You could look into some Aprillia forks too, the 125r forks fit the xs stuff perfectly from what I understand!

Back