not so new build restor job

yeh didnt think it was normal:laugh:
think ive sorted the sticky piston problem out though, took it out again and poured a bit of redex onto it and down the bore, wiped it of after about an hour and then put some 3 in 1 oil (just a drop) onto the spring and piston and she seems perfectly fine now go figure:shrug::wtf:
now i just have to order the spring and ball for the choke and i might be able to go for a proper ride at last, before the next thing goes wrong.:banghead:

yeh didnt think it was normal:laugh:
think ive sorted the sticky piston problem out though, took it out again and poured a bit of redex onto it and down the bore, wiped it of after about an hour and then put some 3 in 1 oil (just a drop) onto the spring and piston and she seems perfectly fine now go figure:shrug::wtf:
now i just have to order the spring and ball for the choke and i might be able to go for a proper ride at last, before the next thing goes wrong.:banghead:

just use a clothes peg for now, get out there whilst the sun shines :thumbsup:

its funny you say that coz i was thinking of using a crocodile clip but its deciding wheres best to clip it:shrug: as i only ever use half choke anyway.

so bits turned up (ball and spring) got em in and now had two weeks of trouble free motoring:bike:, also fitted an inline filter, and now thinking about stripping her down to frame and starting from scratch all over again. but one thing bothering me is the tank everyone that sees the bike says its not right it has no features that suit the style of chop im going for. any ideas of what might change it up a bit and not sportster was thinking frisco mount stretched, but budget (wife) wont allow it.:laugh:

If they don't like the way your bike looks, tell them not to look. It's yours and you built it for you and not others.
Leo

that was a complete waste of time, contacted him about altering the prism one he was selling so it would fit my frame, he said no !!:shrug:,
then suggested that i made a template of what i was after and post it to him,
so spent some time (two weeks) designing and building out of cardboard three different styles and trying them on the bike, first was an axe shape kinda cool but didnt look right on the bike:(, next was a shield shape again cool but not quite there:( and finally settled on a rounded coffin style:thumbsup:,
sent him the pictures before posting the template and the fukker decided he was going to charge me £165 :yikes:
is he having a chuff, has the price of steel gone up that much in just two weeks,
its smaller than the ones he makes and i was providing an exact template to work to, no complex curves or anything stupid, i just dont understand some people,

so its back to the drawing board any ideas out there:shrug:

that was a complete waste of time, contacted him about altering the prism one he was selling so it would fit my frame, he said no !!:shrug:,
then suggested that i made a template of what i was after and post it to him,
so spent some time (two weeks) designing and building out of cardboard three different styles and trying them on the bike, first was an axe shape kinda cool but didnt look right on the bike:(, next was a shield shape again cool but not quite there:( and finally settled on a rounded coffin style:thumbsup:,
sent him the pictures before posting the template and the fukker decided he was going to charge me £165 :yikes:
is he having a chuff, has the price of steel gone up that much in just two weeks,
its smaller than the ones he makes and i was providing an exact template to work to, no complex curves or anything stupid, i just dont understand some people,

so its back to the drawing board any ideas out there:shrug:

sorry to hear that mate, maybe he is busy so quotes high so as not to turn away business per se.

go back to him and say what price you think is fair, costs only time on the email!

Back