1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

OEM toolkits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MoonClipper, Aug 5, 2022.

1. MoonClipper

MoonClipper XS400 Enthusiast

I thought some of you guys might like to see a OEM toolkit. This is what is in mine that came with my 82 xs400 Maxim.
    From left to right:
    1. Yamaha Vinyl Tool bag
    2. Shock Wrench (for the rest adjustable shock)
    3. Spark plug wrench
    4. Spark plug socket
    5. Double ended wrench (10mm and 12mm)
    6. Double ended wrench (10mm and 8mm, I don't think this one came with the kit OEM)
    7. Screwdriver handle
    8. Screwdriver bit (JIS one side and flathead on the other)

I know a lot of you won't care, but I like this little toolkit. Fits in the glove box perfectly, and it's helped me with a few quick roadside repairs.

Attached Files:

2. BambinoFan

BambinoFan XS400 Member

That's pretty cool! Still deciding whether I should restore or mod my maxim. Question! Saw on some part diagrams that this actually fits around the bottom of the bike somewhere, is this the case?

3. MoonClipper

MoonClipper XS400 Enthusiast

Do you mean the toolkit? On the Maxim there's a little glove box right above the taillight that it fits into. Even has a little bungee strap to hold it in place, with room to spare for some extra stuff. IMG_20220806_161217.jpg

Ignore the missing wing nuts and seat studs, sorting some electricals out on my bike right now so the seat is actually off.

Attached Files:

BambinoFan likes this.