Oil/Fuel/Air Filter Thread

esmith87

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a thread already on here pertaining to all this info, but it would be nice to have a thread where everyone can post the types of air fuel and oil filters they use, listing the part number so as to make finding them easier. OE, OE style, or aftermarket, it doesn't matter, lets just get a collection of numbers. Possibly if you know of carb parts/ grommets that will interchange between makers, then that works too.

My Ride: 1981 XS400H
BS34 CV Carbs

Oil: WIX 24934 (bought in bulk through discountfleetsupply.com) just under $5 a filter shipped, but they are way better quality than EMGO or most everything else.

Air: currently HI-FLO Filtro HFA4402 (OE style)

No Fuel Filter

Suzuki throttle shaft seals and screws: seal 13651-51010 screw 13604-44080

The idea is to add specific part numbers for the parts you use. Maybe even pictures too, so we can have a place to easily find consumable/wearable part's numbers we need. so if the local store can't get what we want, we can find something ourselves.

Last edited:
My Ride: 1981 XS400SH
BS34 CV Carbs

Im using a wix oil filter I bought at Oreiliy`s for $4,Emgo cheapie pods with extra foam and fuel filter from my local auto parts store.Rotella T6 synthetic 10-40

Last edited:
1980 xs400 SOHC
Oil: whatever the auto or motorcycle shop I'm at has in stock. Very common oil filter. Usually $7
Air: oem equivalent supplied by po, perhaps uni's when it's time for now ones (I understand they are some of the best working aftermarket pods)
Fuel filter: v8 sized inline with orange paper element. Less than 3 bucks. Plan to replace every 5000
(See profile pic)

1982 XS400J Maxim (DOHC)

Oil: Rotella T6 15W40
Oil Filter: K&N 144
Air Filters: Cheap pod filters on stacks, with crankcase vent connected to stacks (plan to switch to UNI filters on stacks).
Fuel Filter: large in-line paper filter
Spark plugs: NGK Iridium DR8EIX

Ride---- 1982 XS400 SOHC

Oil----- Shell Rotela T Dino 15W40

Oil Filter----- Emgo

Air Filter---- Uni filter in OEM canisters

Fuel Filter---- None

Back