Monowakari

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if Pamco Pete i still around?

I bought the electronic ignition for xs400 from his website and emailed him both on this forum and on the email he provides on his website and have heard nothing back.

Just wondering if I should contact Paypal to cancel and seek a solution elsewhere...

Hopefully he's around, xs400 doesn't deliver to canada and xs650direct or whatever that ships to Canada doesn't have the right unit for the xs400.

On that note, what symptoms would a short present in the points system.

My static timing light stays on for about 350 degrees then only turns off when the points for that cylinder close. The bike wont even start right now I cant get the timing down at all...

How long ago did you order it? Mine took about a week to get to me. Didn't receive (or need) any tracking info, it just showed up.

He's usually good with communication. He's a one man show I believe, and it is prime vacation time, so I'd just let it roll a few days.

I can guarantee that he's not ripping you off, so I wouldn't jump the gun and cancel the order. It will be worth the wait.

About 3 days ago but I ordered the basic setup without e-advance and was thinking that might not be the way to go (go with the e-advance instead!) so I wrote to correct my order before he shipped it and then go through the pains of sending it back etc etc...I can't afford to order both and send one back. Beer funds and all ;)

I'm not worried about him ripping me off, I just wanted to know if he's still operating. He has such a good reputation for his products and service!

Last edited:
Yeah he is for sure still around. Keep trying him, he is good at correcting orders too if you want to upgrade and what not.

For what it's worth, you want the electronic advancer.

Thanks brother good to know. Figured I only want to be in there rewiring once so spend the extra dough on it now. Doesn't look like you can just upgrade from basic e-ignition to adding in the e advance module later on like with the 650 for the difference in price...not so clear as the units look different on each of the pages

Edit: Never mind, I see it's a 78 you have. You're on the right track.

Last edited:
Pete emailed me and cancelled my order. I ordered the HD model and will post the progress and some pics of the install later on, gonna be a week or two

Back