Make Offer - Parting Out 81 XS400SH

MotorPsycho

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCRAPPED - ALL PARTS SCRAPPED EXCEPT CARBS - Parting Out 81 XS400SH

I have decided not to restore my 81 XS40)SH because of a recent financial setback, so I am parting it out:(. Here is a list of things that I have from it:

1. Engine, running perfectly when I took it out a little more than a month ago.
2. Frame, back end cut off close to shocks, and loop welded on professionally. Also, a few tabs have been cut off to give a cleaner look.
3. Gas tank, perfect condition, no dents.
4. Mag wheels, good shape.
5. Forks, good condition, need to be cleaned.
6. Front fender, formerly chrome, sanded and primed to be painted.
7. Original handlebars, chrome, little to no rust.
8. Headlight with bucket, bucket sanded and primed, ready to paint, chrome trim still chrome.
9. Original plastic seat pan, no cushion foam and no cover, all mounting accessories.
10. Sissy bar, good condition.
11. Battery box, a little rusty, will practically give away.
12. Front brakes and accessories, good condition, will throw in some brand new pads.
13. Rear brakes and accessories, good condition.
14. Various other accessories, kickstands, electricals, blah, blah, blah.

Ask for it, and identify it, and I might sell. If I don't get a big enough response from buyers, I'm not going to sell only a few pieces and have to trash the rest, I just won't sell anything. It's in too good a condition to trash. It's a most-or-nothing kind of deal. I will part it out ONLY if I have plenty of interest. If not, I will fix it over a LOOOOOOOG period of time, perhaps, when I can afford to do it.

Thanks for looking guys!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Id be interested in the Total electric system sans lights and internals....but the harness and all external electricals. including ignition with switch and key...also the frame if it has a good title.

Id be interested in the Total electric system sans lights and internals....but the harness and all external electricals. including ignition with switch and key...also the frame if it has a good title.

Frame does have a good title but is not stock. Back part cut off behind the shocks to have a loop welded on, and several tabs in the center section cut out for a cleaner look. Am having it sandblasted soon, unless you prefer otherwise, which would save some money. As far as the electrical system goes, I have the wiring harness and all attached electrical modules, which is in pretty good shape. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Frame does have a good title but is not stock. Back part cut off behind the shocks to have a loop welded on, and several tabs in the center section cut out for a cleaner look. Am having it sandblasted soon, unless you prefer otherwise, which would save some money. As far as the electrical system goes, I have the wiring harness and all attached electrical modules, which is in pretty good shape. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Parts still for sale, will let go cheap to get it out of the way. Make an offer, I'm practically giving it away. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Do you have pictures of the tank and an estimated price shipped to Oregon(97352)? Also, does it come with a good petcock and is it rust free inside?

Thanks

Do you have pictures of the tank and an estimated price shipped to Oregon(97352)? Also, does it come with a good petcock and is it rust free inside?

Thanks

I don't have any current pics, but will get them to you Mon or Tues. Have to go pick the tank up from the guy who was supposed to paint it. Tank is in excellent shape, no dents, good paint but not perfect. Petcock in good shape. When I took the petcock out and when I checked inside, there was no signs of rust and the gas is a good color. UPS says like $75 for shipping, not sure why. USPS says about $60 Priority. Let me know. Thanks.

I'd be interested in the tank, forks, shocks, brakes, and any cables/lines. Oh, and ignition/seat latch (matching lock set). And I'm only a few hours away from you, so I could just pick it up.

Back