radio

bruss

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know the charging system on these bikes isnt the greatest..but has anyone thought about or tried to install one of those aftermarket clamp on radio/amp/speaker/ipod input things ? if so..was it a battery killer

I thought of doing the same thing and after doing a little research I found that some small units run on about 15 watts. I think that our system though weak should be able to handle that but I'd rather save that juice for something like led accent lights.

Why the radio? I like to ride to get away from the day to day crap I have to put up with.
Riding is about the music from the rumble of the exhaust, hum of the tires, the wind as flows around you.
Out in the country when you stop the sound of the exhaust cooling, the wind in the trees, the birds and animals. Nature around you.
A radio just ruins all this.
Leo

Speak of which our bikes can get pretty LOUD on the highway so I don't even know if you would be able to hear it:laugh:

Im a fan of listening to some death metal while in town dealing with traffic on the bike.
Ive had a 1100 Shadow with straight pipes on the hwy doing bout 140 ish and could still hear my music fine. Riding bikes and listeing to music is a good time in my ears lol

yeah.. im just trying to figure out if the thing will work or if it will drain the battery so far that the bike wont run..without wasting my money :)

Nothing wrong with listening to music while riding as long as it isnt Death metal:yikes:LOL.Given I said that the only way you could hear radio while riding would be with some ear buds or a fearing and windshield

i know the charging system on these bikes isnt the greatest..but has anyone thought about or tried to install one of those aftermarket clamp on radio/amp/speaker/ipod input things ? if so..was it a battery killer

I hadn't thought much of it but why not use an MP3 player with earbuds. I used this on my LS2 tooling around the town last year and it worked fine. You could also install a cigarette lighter socket with a small usb charger to keep it charged up on longer rides of say 8 hours. My issue would be more of hearing the other traffic around you. :yikes:

Last edited:
Back