Really need help finding parts...

Omega

Resurrectionist.
Reaction score
Ok so I was sitting back with my fiances brother showing him how to port n polish, did some light work to the head and then moved onto the carbs. So we were sittin there cleaning up the casting marks on the filter side and then polishing it smooth, with the carbs apart and cleaned up I left my helper to do some finishing touches in the small areas between the jets later to find out he'd cleaned up the butterfly valves and knife edged the brass plate to the point that it won't seal the carb anymore. Now as I'd rather buy new plates then buy new carbs does anyone know where I can get them or any new ones that's gonna do the job?:thumbsup:

You`re going to have a tough time finding just the butter fly`s,Check that classifieds sometimes carb bodies or parts can sometimes befound there.

I know it won't be easy I'm just in a bind and need these parts. But if there is a guy who makes these that'd be the best bet. I sent mike a message asking n he hasn't got back yet but if anyone knows where we can get the brass bit or even the entire valve that'd work better, plus if we can find out its help mor people restoring carbs instead of buying second hand ones and trying to repair them with parts... Carbs are hearts people the only work as well as the parts in them, you don't see doctors using old valves to keep people alive do you? All the same if anyone can help or knows where please tell us cuz I'm not the only one who needs your help. Cheers:thumbsup:

Do you need one or two. Where are you located.

Attachments

• DSC02019.jpg
    DSC02019.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 262
I don't think it matters I think they both used a 135 cutaway valve. They are both BS34's

Nah dohc but if you have digital vernicers can you measure the height and width of it. The width should be at most 34.00mm but is usually around 33.8mm and the height should be roughly 35mm. I'm still keen if they fit those specs

That's the numbers I get, yours also should have a 135 stamped on them.

They did, the silly twit polished them off. Is the displacement between the holes about an inch or just over? Shouldn't matter as they seem to be straight up anyway.

I 'am not sure what you mean about the 1" displacement between them. As long as they where 135's they should fit.

They did, the silly twit polished them off. Is the displacement between the holes about an inch or just over? Shouldn't matter as they seem to be straight up anyway.

When you put them in just remember to have the numbers facing out and right side up:thumbsup: I will pm you my info:)

Back