Really stiff clutch

nickklugs

Seems legit
Reaction score
I can squeeze the clutch lever but I need to use 1 1/2 hands. I have a new cable and new levers (slightly shorter, so less leverage?). I took the right side cover off and removed the clutch plates to see if any were stuck together, none were. So what could be causing this? Are the softer springs for the clutch I can use? Or somthing.......?:shrug:

Shouldn't take much effort. Did you go through the clutch adjustment procedure I linked to in the other thread?

I find the clutch a bit hard to pull but still only need one hand and it has a shorty lever on it. The clutch is old and slipping though so I'm replacing it next year and hope it may become a little easier.

Try removing the clutch bearing assembly in the left side cover and clean it out with WD40 (spray it out, clean up with paper towel, spray it out, etc) until it comes out clean and then regrease it with some teflon spray. Then adjust it properly and see if that helps a little.

Well I did all of that and it improved it, marginally. I couldn't see myself riding through town without my hand falling off.

Back