Southern Ontario Get Together

LOVE IT!!!! Not sure how far you guys are frim Ohio, but as soon as i get Lump rolling again, i'm in!
Check us out on GoogleMaps - if you didn't have to drive around one or the other end of Lake Erie, you'd only be a half day's ride away. Maybe if Erie freezes over again this winter ...

@ 16VGTIDave - neglected to acknowledge and thank our Ride-Cap'n and organizer last night. Dave gets credit for the idea, the excellent route and, I'm thinking, the window of great weather too.
The rest of us can highly recommend his work. He is a consultant, so if he isn't able to go on your ride with you, he could probably be retained for a reasonable fee to map you a route and arrange for good weather (I will waive my 15% agent's fee if it's for an xs400 group) :wink2:

@N8Bishop - It would be a 7+ hour ride for you to get to where we met. Unless you are willing to plan a vacation around the next cruise, I can't see how it would be reasonable for you to attend. You are of course welcome, as is anyone else willing to make the journey.

@Lou Ranger - Thanks! I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves!

Just took a couple of pictures. Here's 1600cc's of raw power.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 383
Great pic! Sorry I couldn't make it out.. The birthday celebrations took over the whole weekend. Perfect conditions though!! Next time :)

Great pic! Sorry I couldn't make it out.. The birthday celebrations took over the whole weekend. Perfect conditions though!! Next time :)
Over coffee, we speculated as to why there was no Toronto representation and, in our semi-confused state, we apparently concluded that none of you had your carbs clean enough to handle the elevation change from 252' ASL to 1,300' ASL.

We imagined you all sputtering to a halt just below the King Sideroad (@ 900' ASL).
Better boil 'em again folks! :wink2:

If it wasn't such a hassle getting across the bridge Id be game for the next one.I am after all half Canadian just my roots go back to the more northern provinces not Ontario.

Man, Lou even personally called me about this, and I'm finally online now to read about it!

Next time. I'm back to being a stay at home dad, so getting away for a day of riding is more likely than it's even been. And this will give me motivation to get the gunmetal lump of mine running and ready...

I can't believe I'm seeing this thread now! I just missed it. I'll do my best to make it out if we get an October ride. Kudos to you guys for actually following through and getting together.

Well, October has passed without another ride. :(

Is there any interest in a ride on Saturday November 9th? The long term forecast is promising a sunny day with just a light breeze and a high of 6C...

Any interest, or have most people parked their bikes for the winter?

Bite your tongue and stop using that "W" word!

I'd be interested if the forecast actually panned out, and if it didn't involve too great a distance and did involve a half hour in a warm coffee shop at the half-way point. :wink2:

The Great Lakes region forecasters have trouble getting the temp right with only 24 hours notice never mind 9 days out. However, as long as they get the sunshine part right, it will make all the difference.

You guys only had 4 turn out during the last get together and the weather was relatively mild then.November I think most guys have put their bikes to sleep already cause its much cooler than this time last year.Much of southern and mid Ontario got snow about a week ago according to radar images I saw.Not that it cant still happen but truthfully I think chances are slim for another get together this year.I think if this thread is brought up after next springs warm up it has a better chance in succeeding :)

I won't find out my work schedule until sunday evening but If I have the right days off I'd be up for it! I bartend downtown and don't finish work until about 4.30am so If I have to work friday night then I'm not going to want to wake up too early..

I'm going to be putting my XS400 up for sale pretty soon so I'd love to get in a nice trip. Actually I took a trip last weekend down to Niagara on the Lake and the weather was beautiful, cold yes but like Lou says, as long as it's sunny. The ride along the Niagara Parkway and through the wineries was spectacular!

At this point I'm gauging interest and keeping an eye on the forecast - now a forecast high of 8C! I'm thinking of keeping the ride, and the day in general, shorter than last time. Probably meeting around noon or 1 so those who are riding any distance won't have to leave in the morning before the temperature starts climbing. And I'd like to be home before 6 if possible, so we'd be wrapping up around 4.

brrrrrr..... I hate to sound like a girl but it may be a tad cool for me ...
Today perhaps - it was only 3°C up here at 1,300' ASL, but the sun was warm and I rode 50 kms.
But, on Saturday it's forecast to be sunny and 6°C up here - a veritable heatwave - warmer if the ride is down south a bit:

7_16_11.gif

Still, it won't be 6 or 8° all day, so I agree with Dave that a ride would need to be scheduled for the 2 or 3 hours after it warms up and before it cools down.

Back