1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Streetfighter build in progress - pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gentlemanjim, Nov 17, 2010.

1. gentlemanjim

gentlemanjim More Wrenchin than Ridin

Skilllzman1
    You asked for 2.7 miles later and it ran like a champ - much faster than I expected.

[​IMG]

Here's a little syling feature - seeing its a streetfighter I thought 6 rounds of 38 Specials send a message.

[​IMG]

Here's one with me out of the way - Love those headlights

[​IMG]

2. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

Wow looking good Jim, bike's OK too:laugh:

3. DCopp

DCopp 400 Maxim/Seca Guru

I only see 5 rounds...also who did and how much was the shock lowering if I may ask?

4. volcomskater77

volcomskater77 XS400 Chopophile Top Contributor

^ agreed
    and that looks really nice. super clean. looks brand new, like a concept or something lol.

5. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

customlinez.com doesn't work. Couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. I've gone through http://www.cyclebrakes.com/html/galfer_brake_lines.html a couple of times with good results.

6. cturek

cturek XS400 Addict

Bike looks great Jim!

7. Hi Jim,

A very tidy job indeed. Looks cool even without the tank or perhaps because it is missing. You keep our DOHC flag flying proudly. PS: wish I could ride in a T-shirt over here...

Kind regards,

Jan

8. gentlemanjim

Ya 5 rounds - I can wrench just can't count. Couldn't shorten the shock. My machinisst friend said the shaft was heat treated and hardened. If he cut and welded it the weld would be soft and week. What can be done is weld tabs on the swing arm and move the pivot point back. Which I would have sone, but the swing was already cleaned and painted and I didn't want to mess that up and hell I want to ride. Maybe in the future as the seat height is a bit tall for me.

I'll finish up the tank this weekend and take a proper ride.

9. gentlemanjim

Yes it was 86 F here today.

10. gentlemanjim

Down to the wire. Got the tank patched and primed as soon as I seal the interior it held Evaporust for a week and a half. I'll verify it holds gasoline and paint it - Finito.

[​IMG]

11. Man, I can't wait to see this thing finished!

12. drewpy

neither can Jim :D

13. gentlemanjim

Drewpy, you've got that right I'm just itching to"Head out on the Highway"

14. Well then "get your motor running"..... hahahaha

15. drewpy

...and head out on the highway
    looking for a new tank
    whatever comes my way!

16. hahahaha

17. here the present condition auf my 12E - i am still working on

http://www.thomasnikolaushorn.de/xs400album/subalbum_1_thumbs.html

Thomas

18. gentlemanjim

Einstein ,

I like the dual front discs where'd you get them? Have you been riding this bike yet, how's it run? AND the big question how's the gas tank?

You should start your own build thread so we can follow along with your progress.