Suggestions on my bikes direction please ?

Hobbit

I'll have a lot of questions !
Reaction score
I have an '80 xs400g and she is about average quality for her age and mostly complete so I am torn between doing a restoration, a customization, or making her my little chopper (the latter would be the most difficult I'm sure due to the fact I've never done anything like this before. The bike is a bit small for my taste just a form a transportation I picked up very cheap so I will not be keeping it around more than a few months my question I guess is what would get me the best resale value ? Thanks for the input in advance!

Here is a picture of the bike, from what I gathered from the tiny bit I could find out about this style is the Cambridge blue color is kinda rare, does anyone know if that is true ?
Screenshot_2017-10-21-08-39-57.png

Best resale value?

Go over all the maintenance, maybe new tires, brakes, fluids. Maybe replace cables and brake line too.

Keep it exactly how it is..

Making these bikes into a chopper of anysort is the worst idea possible imo.

As I've research more about these motorcycles I'm leaning towards a no chop customization with aftermarket accessories or restoring to showroom condition. I'm not really finding to much for accessories for the xs models and I don't like the plain look of universal pieces. I think using stuff made for other models would look a bit redneck engineered.

Yeah, almost no aftermarket parts specific for the xs400.
For easy resale keep it minimal and trendy.
Throw on some "cafe" handlebars, clip-ons, clubmans, drag bars, or something"cool" looking.
Cleanup the tank.
Lower profile LED signals.
Maybe some bar-end mirrors.

Probably all it needs.
Could do an H4/HID/Led conversion headlight.
Could do something to the seat but probably more effort than it's worth.

Back