The lightest xs400

That is a really good idea for the center stand! I'm going to go out and take mine off now.

Chris that is a lot of weight! Has it been expensive to lose that much weight by replacing parts? What wheels do you have?

No its very cheap to cut and shave parts down:laugh: Just for example my 2-1 exhaust only weighs 9lbs the stock setup was like 20 with all the brackets and what not. I have the aluminum mags with drum brakes in the back. I know there is some debate about spoked rims and mags and witch is lighter but I know a tire made of steel and with a tube in it should weigh more. Also a drum brake must weigh less than a disk brake with a caliper , rotor and master cylinder:shrug:

well i just weighed mine. went to the local weigh bridge and the cheeky fecks wanted £12.50 and they would lose their job if they told me the weight without payment WTF?

I weighed on me electronic scales zeroed with a scaffold plank on it.

came to 123.6 kilos = 272.49135606066lbs with about 3 litres of fuel in and oil (of course)

well i just weighed mine. went to the local weigh bridge and the cheeky fecks wanted £12.50 and they would lose their job if they told me the weight without payment WTF?

I weighed on me electronic scales zeroed with a scaffold plank on it.

came to 123.6 kilos = 272.49135606066lbs

I don't know about you but that is way closer to 250 lbs than I expected it would be.

I know a dry engine with no carbs and oil in it weighs 120lbs so 270 is good weight reduction:thumbsup: My brother has a truck scale that I will have to put the bike on I am thinking it is a lot lighter than my stock 79 2-f that weighed 340lbs :)

Dang drewpy! That's really light! I bet that's really fun to ride... *day dreaming about dropping your clutch and doin' some wheelies :-D*

Chris how does your 2-1 exhaust affect performance? What brand is it (if any)?

Its form the 70's and all it says on it is winning. It make a lot more power than stock, there are no baffles in it just some ribbing and for $20 it was worth every cent:laugh:

Tried to weigh it on a scale with a 2x4 on it and could not get an accurate reading (250-325) because I had to hold on the bike to keep it on the board:banghead: So it looks like off to the drive on truck scale once I can make the trip.

So I weighed my bike today with a washroom scale. Front rim, then back rim, I balanced the bike from the side being careful not to put or take any weight on, accurate enough right?

170# front and rear for 340 pounds. Mag wheels, disks, tiny battery, no centre stand, roll bar, left muffler or signal lights.

Try doing the same for yourself. Take your weight, one leg at a time and add the results :)

Back