Think this MAC will fit my Maxim?

Jso123

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Really like the Mac 2 into 1 #804-0203. Black header w/ chrome muffler. Supposed to fit
just about everything XS400 except my 1982 XS400J. Do you think this is just an oversight or is the Maxim really that different. I'll contact the manufacturer in the AM, but has anyone done a 2 into 1 on a Maxim? Found it on sale for $228.

Yamaha applications:
XS400

XS400
XS400-2

XS400
XS400-2

XS400
XS400S Special

XS400
XS400S Special

XS400S Special

Attachments

• mac 2-1.jpg
    mac 2-1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 80
I don't believe it will. Your Maxim is the DOHC version with different exhaust ports from the SOHC versions listed. You'll probably have to fabricate exhaust brackets for it if you really want to use it.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Last edited:
Well.... thats just craptastic.... Plan B is to paint my existing headers black and buy a set of mufflers. I think I want to get ones with removable baffles so I can wrap them if its really loud...Maybe these Emgo's will work. About half the price too;-)

Attachments

• emgo dunstall replica.jpg
    emgo dunstall replica.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 69
Thanks..Who does he usually log on as?? just kidding..

I've been dick'in around too long and just ordered a pair of Dunstall knockoffs from Helix ( $198. ) They've got removable baffles and I like the look. Of course, I've gotten so used to riding a loud bike that I kinda now enjoy the noise, or lost some hearing.... but really guess I should be a little less of a spectacle.

Attachments

• helix dunstall.jpg
    helix dunstall.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 74
The point of "Bent-fellow" 's post though was that he needed to ask for headers for the xs400 Seca and then the parts people knew that it was a dohc engine for which they had different parts.

Don't be afraid to go to the local Yamaha motorcycle place, and ask them, they have the magazines, with pics. Last fall, my local still had the SOHC available, Since I wasn't looking for the DOHC. Then there is "Who is Bent Wrench" at anytime, a person can log in anonymously.

Back