Weird random tick in engine, cam chain?

Arfstrom the Mac system that was onsale was a limted time offer through parts N More.Im sure they sold out of them long time ago.About $285 plus shipping is about as cheap as your going to find now.Unless theres an online store having a after season sale.I had hopes of getting a 2 N 1 someday but Im stuck with what I have for a while but its fine Im happy with the mufflers I have.:)

Yea, I think, when I get the bike to that point again, my local Yamaha dealer, has the 2:1, for 280'ish, with a willing to honor a 10% discount for my military affiliation. I called or email parts/n/more and they were nice, they just said, if it wasn't listed, they don't have it.

Well, after a lot of time dealing with the curve balls life throws you (bad brakes on car, sick kid, winter bills, etc) I finally got back to work on the bike. Pipes are done and on, bike assembled and running. I would have sync'd the carbs already, but the pipes are a bit louder than I like, so I'll put an extension on the muffler and probably call it good.

No more tick! Though, with the pipes as loud as they are I probably couldn't hear it! Seriously, I think the bad pipes was it.

RE: jetting carbs, I read a ton on pipes and rejtting, emailed a bunch of folks, with MikesXS and Dime City Cycles being the most helpful (Thanks!) and basically figured since my bike was stock I was going to need to go up one size. So before assembly I of course cleaned the carbs and dropped in 140's. I'm about 2 1/2 out and running well; just need the final sync, after last tweek to pipes of course. Overall it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I am thinking of doing the ol' pop-bottle-manometer. Any advice on making one?

Couple shots of the bike. Working on the seat and lites in the next few weeks...

Thanks ! |DW

Attachments

• IMG_20131215_145252_961.jpg
    IMG_20131215_145252_961.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20131214_142458_448.jpg
    IMG_20131214_142458_448.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20131214_170829_705.jpg
    IMG_20131214_170829_705.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 130
make sure they are bench synced as much as possible. if the carbs are to far off one will suck in the fluid rather quickly.

so either be ready to hit the kill switch or use 2-stroke oil so if it does suck it up it wont be the end of the world.

any it only takes VERY slight adjustments to the screw to make changes (1-4 degrees)

make sure timing and valves are in spec first.

All the bench adjustments were done before I reassembled, timing, valves set as well. I'll let you know how the sync goes, thanks.

Another question: speedo drive gear in the front drum I think is toast. MikesXS doesn't have them. Ideas on where to look for NEW one? I know I can find used ones on eBay... Thx.

Back