What did you do with your XS today?

Got started to put the engine on the frame. Every thing went well. till I pushed the starter button. I think My CDI is fried, I already have a spare, so I will test the new one tomorrow. and put my new MAC 2to1 exhaust on. Wish me luck!

Well fellas, it's been a blast.

Just sold the xs to a nice guy who recently crashed his bike. With that, my xs400 career has come to an end.

I'll probably check in some time in the future nonetheless, but for now I'm loving my new Super Ténéré and will be bugging tenere owners with my questions instead.

Group hug everyone!! :D

group_hug.jpg

Just sold the xs to a nice guy who recently crashed his bike. With that, my xs400 career has come to an end.

I'll probably check in some time in the future nonetheless, but for now I'm loving my new Super Ténéré and will be bugging tenere owners with my questions instead.

Group hug everyone!! :D

Sorry to see you leave Willem, I've only been here a short time but you have been very helpful to me. Good luck with the new bike.

Willem, you have been a great member and have made significant contributions to our group. You are going to be missed!

Best of luck with your Super Ténéré! Maybe we'll cross paths on ADVRider.com?

Regards,
Dave

Going to iss your help and knowledge you have provided to the our members here on the forum.Enjoy the new ride it looks nice and fun and much better that your old bike.

Today I got parts for the bike yahoo!BTW boats.net misrepresented the pic of the diod,its is the ceramic part not the one in the metal casing that's silver and black.I don't care what it looks like as long as it does its job.:thumbsup:

Just ordered a petcock kit for y bike hope that's the last thing I need to stop the gas flow. Willem Sorry to see you go. Been interesting reading your posts. Be Safe Be Happy and Keep the rubber side down.

Sorry to hear that! Thanks for your contributions, your "new XS owner's guide" continues to be a really helpful reference.

Started stripping the two 250 engines down for a complete rebuild. Only one bolt snapped, managed to drill and tap it so no drama. Not so happy with the condition of the crank bearings. quite a few marks on them.....advice much appreciated on that. I haven't spit the second engines crankcase yet. Hoping it's bearings are in better condition so I can use them but the condition of the outside of that one is bad as it's been sitting in a shed for a very long time.

Will split that one tomorrow probably.

Attachments

• CIMG0396.jpg
    CIMG0396.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 198
  • CIMG0397.jpg
    CIMG0397.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 234
  • CIMG0403.jpg
    CIMG0403.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 201
  • CIMG0422.jpg
    CIMG0422.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 203
  • CIMG0423.jpg
    CIMG0423.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 199
  • CIMG0424.jpg
    CIMG0424.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 200
  • CIMG0430.jpg
    CIMG0430.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 208
  • CIMG0425.jpg
    CIMG0425.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 201
  • CIMG0426.jpg
    CIMG0426.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 198
  • CIMG0427.jpg
    CIMG0427.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 226
Went for my first ever motorcycle ride and first ever ride on my Maxim 400 today. Clocked just over 40kms. Everything felt absolutely amazing and I'm very impressed with its performance considering its age.

Went for my first ever motorcycle ride and first ever ride on my Maxim 400 today. Clocked just over 40kms. Everything felt absolutely amazing and I'm very impressed with its performance considering its age.

Awesome! I just got my Maxim 400 last fall, first bike as well. Where in Ontario are you?

Thanks! I'm super excited, especially since I'm only 16 the whole process has been fantastic. I live in Halton Hills (Georgetown) kind of wedged between Milton and Brampton. Where are you?

Good Luck Willem, Its been fun having you around!

Success! Its weird, when you read the manual, and it tells you to never do the things you all ready did, and it can cause serious damage. Yup it was right. never drive with a spark-plug unplugged. I did it, and it fried both coils. lesson learned

had success with the bike today, the electric starter works, next step is to set up fuel tank, and manometer. Like Willem, I am now a college student, and I can only participate on the bike occasionally, and go to work full time.

Well fellas ... my xs400 career has come to an end. Group hug everyone!! :D

group_hug.jpg
Willem, I can't say it any better than all the ones above who have noted what a great member you have been.
I hope you will visit us occasionally, if only to gloat and regale us with wondrous stories of a little Dutch (Biker) Boy.

What I can do, though, is provide a suitable farewell quote (from an esteemed Forum member) with which to send you off:

... this thread is funny
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . welcome to the forum, now shut up and go away
:laugh:

Today I got parts for the bike yahoo!BTW boats.net misrepresented the pic of the diod,its is the ceramic part not the one in the metal casing that's silver and black.I don't care what it looks like as long as it does its job.:thumbsup:

That's good! I hope it works for you!

Sorry to hear that! Thanks for your contributions, your "new XS owner's guide" continues to be a really helpful reference.

I agree with this!:cheers:

Back