what have i got?!

GetAttachment.aspx

There she is!:D

Alibabu22, I use photobucket to post pictures on forums. Without a picture-hosting web site, your pictures won't show up on most forums. Try making an account on a web site like that, then try to post your bike again. I'd love to see it as well :)

I dont know about photo bucket, but the Add attachments has worked fine for me to add photos, that is after hitting the "Go Advanced" button

bike 2.jpg bike shifter.jpg

there's another one, plus a quick pic of the homemade shifter i made today, its just to carry me over until the new one i have ordered comes in but i thought it was pretty cool. figured you guys would appreciate it, tell me what you think!
cheers guys!

Looks pretty sweet. Did you do all of the work or did you have a PO that made it look so great.

Also, looks to be an 80-82 xs400S(G/H/J). The year will correspond to the letter.

Last edited:
A bit of a collaboration, the guy i bought it from is a good friend of mine, he thought up the ideas and funded it and me and another friend pieced it together :p

Seems my searches on eBay are coming up with 80 XS400 SG.
Here is probably the best resource for this question, it is narrowing it down to either a G or SG.
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/motorcycle/Y-3W5-83540-F0-00.html
must be a non-USA model, Its cousin seems to be my bike, the 81 XS400 SH (4R4) The few differences I noticed are some mods, Cool, Seems to work, the Seat Seems a little different, Carbs seems to the same, kick start doesnt seem to sitting right, new food pedal, Front/back brakes are the same, Muffler been chopped. Front forks seem to missing the seals, nice conversion to brake line to metal braided line. The (4R4) has the license plate right next to the brake light. You probably get a cheaper muffler, since you dont have the muffler secure spot. Hmmmm is this the reason to chop em??????? or is that save $$$$$$$ This is my only bike I have been looking at for the last 2 years. Well take care!
Tobie

Your title will tell you what year it is, You do have a title don't you? If not good luck with it.
Leo

Back