Where do you keep your insurance?

jthiessen

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Legally one needs to keep their insurance on themselves at all times while riding. The stock seat has a nice pouch for this, but I am curious where you guys store your insurance papers on modded bikes?

I was thinking of getting one of those clear plastic pouches from the post office. They typically have a sticky side so that shipping instructions can be attached to boxes and be kept waterproof yet visible.

On the cell phone! Don't know how it is up by you guys, but most insurance companies here have phone apps that eliminate paper ID cards.

don't need to in uk, its all on a national data base along with the road fund licence and MOT.
we have APNR cameras which can read number plates and automatically send fines if your not up to date :(

I don't know if anyone else keeps it on but I'll be putting mine in the tool box. The flap under the seat has lost its latching mechanism. Probably how the PO lost his paperwork.

I keep my paperwork in my (waterproof) jacket pocket. I carry an original insurance slip (I have 3 copies) and a photocopy of both sides of the ownership. Cops don't have to like the photocopy, but can only issue a 24 hour notice of infraction - giving me 24 hours to get the original ownership and present it at the police office. This prevents someone from forging my signature and transferring ownership if my jacket is stolen. Never been asked to produce paperwork as the cops can look it all up on their computers these days.

folded in a small plastic bag under the seat (metal pan) which i have two, 1/2 inch thick magnets holding it to the seat.

the insurance and registration information is on a database im sure in the US... but then they cant hand out $300 missing documentation tickets if they used it....:mad:

Back