XS360/XS400 Fork stock width

Norman1950

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I have been searching all over and unable to come up with a stock fork width for the bike. Can anyone help me and measure center of fork tube to center of fork tube. It won't matter if it is the tube or lower part. I am away from the shop for a few days and the curiosity in my head is killing me. Trying to figure out the gsxr forks

Thanks for the help and your time.

I am sorry didn't make myself clear enough... I am wanting the width between to the 2 forks center to center of each.

Thanks.

Sorry:thumbsup: I don't have any bike with the front wheel off to get a measurement. Your best bet for the correct numbers is to do it with your own bike so everything will be accurate.

My $1 caliper reads approximately 141.5mm between the forks. Add one fork diameter and you have the centre-to-centre measurement.

Like xchris says though, double check against your own machine when you can.

20140611_202602.jpg

When I took the same measurements on my two bikes I got 142.3 and 142mm. So not every bike is the same I guess.

hi, I have a 79 xs 400 given to me but there are no forks with it, can you tell me if there are any forks out there I could substitute the originals with, I would like to rebuild the bike but I got to get it completed before I can start working on it.

They'll be the right diameter but length will be something you'd have to check case-by-case. If you find a donor bike that you think will work the forums for that model will often have the kind of specs you need. I've been hunting down parks for a fork swap and the R6 forums have been helpful on that mark.

Back