18" Whitewalls

dO-bOy

Woohooo!
Reaction score
where can i haz?? i've done alot of googling and most of what i find are NOS tires which would be next to useless for actual riding with dry rubber. Has anyone had luck with tire paints like Ranger?

I used Krylon Fusion, it works really well. Not quite whitewall, but It stands up really well if you clean the tire with amonia and a scrub pad.

The nice thing about the portawalls is that barring collision damage, you should be able to buy one set for life.

only thing about portawalls is on some listings it says to be used with tubed tires? I was under the impression that they wouldn't allow non-tubed tires to seat and seal properly.

I picked up some Krylon Fusion today in "satin white". I cleaned up an old junk tire I had laying around (knew I'd find a use for it! lol) with some tar and grease remover and a scotch-brite pad. I let it dry, then went to town with the Krylon.

It actually turned out a lot better than I had anticipated. The "white" was really close to the color of a true white wall. It seems to stick to the tire pretty well, but it does scrape off with a forceful finger-nail. I'd say, for the cost, it's worth it for sure. I think I'm going to go this route at first, since I have a few hundred miles left on my current tires, then if it works out and holds up, I will do the same to my new rubber.

I can get pictures if anyone wants them, but be warned that I didn't tape a "stripe" or anything on the sidewall, just sprayed and let it dry. Let me know.

Back