A Canadian lost overseas

Well yes, for our latitudes it's quite warm over here. But at 35-40 degrees F, 30+ mph winds and hail and rain coming down every few hours it's not exactly a tropical beach holiday at the moment.

Actually had a window fly open during the storm last night, had to stay home from work this morning to wait for the carpenter to come fix it.

Well, that was a long time between updates!

I had to make a few big trips for work and school as well has been sucking all my free time the past 2 months.

I finally got a hold of a compression tester and the results are not very motivating. Very low compression on both sides and this seems to be the reason why no fuel gets to the plugs. Timing is all dialled in, points are in line and spaced, carbs get fuel, spark on both plugs, etc.

I'm going to begin tearing the engine apart next week and see what exactly I need to rebuild. I know for sure that I am going to need gadgets and seals for almost everything. Does anyone know where to get rebuild components for a 77 XS360? (I'm in the Netherlands as well, so NA eBay is hard to ship sometimes).

The xs360 carbs use the same bowl gasket and emulsion tube o-ring as the xs650 bs38's

Back