First Build

Hehe i know.. We'll see how it turns out when its finished.. Right now it looks like poop on a plate...

Some things has happend on My build.. Made a fender , kind of finished the tank, just need to make a gas cap and weld on the bottom, and of course finish it up with sanding and paint and so on. Stitched together the exhaust, took the original and converted it to a single exhaust, and today I decided That it would probably look cool if the muffler part was copper, so I chopped it off made a new in copper , might look good once the pipes are wrapped . Well that's what has happend since last time! Laters!!
/Erik

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 311
poop on a plate... laughing my ass off here

copper exhaust looks good though! It's likely to turn all kinds of different colors (first darker, then perhaps even green if it rusts a little) but I'd say that will only add to the uniqueness of the bike.

Hope the tank will look good in the end!

Today I have finished up the exhaust ,just drilled some holes and riveted the copper piece to the exhaust, its gonna get wrapped up to hide the rivets later on . I also have fitted a new handlebar wich we shaped from pressurepipe with an oxy-acetylene torch and a few studs welded to the table =) we´re having fun at my school !!:thumbsup:

Tomorrow im gonna tear it down and start to sand it down and get some colour on the frame.
Got it started up today aswell , felt good to know it´ll still starts.

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 267
Today this happend!! It exploded into parts and got blasted.. With sand!!
Hehe gonna get some paint on some parts !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 246
Today I got some assembly done , wrapped the exhaust and such.
Just got all the wiring and that stuff left ...sigh..and of course there is a lot of detailing to do as well. Like some painting and pin striping , so it looks as it should!

Until next time!
/Erik

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 281
I am curious about that too! Hopefully it will change color and turn blueish

Added a bit of details, like a likness of my wife jolly gravedigger style on the tank.
Started with the electronics as well! Just gonna figure out what to shorten up and what to extend .. And I need to redo the "box" for the ignition boxes and relays.. Always something new popping up! Have a great week y'all !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 289
So , there have finally happend some things . Been quite a substantial break from building on the bike since I had a lot of other stuff to do at school , and a severe lack of funds to get the stuff i needed to finish up . I´ve mounted blinkers and breaklight ,slapped in a battery and made a new airfilterbox . I was gonna go with conical airfilters , but then it would probably get too cramped with the battery and all , so I decided to make my own.
I had a little problem with it letting too much air through , but that was an easy fix with adding more filter material.

Now alll that remains is getting new wires for throttle ,choke and clutch , and a new hydralic hose for the front break . Some sealing of the tank is also on the list, just to be on the safe side .
I left the front light and speedo and revmeters original , because I cannot afford new ones .I am on the lookout for the round gauges and light from a pre 83 xs though , if someone got those laying around and are willing to part from them for a reasonable amount of money , send me a message ! :D

have a nice weekend !

/Erik

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1880.jpg
    IMG_1880.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 244
So ..now my bike is at home.

All there is to do left is change out the headlight and some tiny touches ...

It runs really nice and is way more comfortable then I anticipated.

I am actually pretty pleased with the result , Especially since its my first attempt on rebuilding a bike.

Thanks for all the nice comments during the build everyone !!

Take Care ! and ride safe !

/Erik

Attachments

• IMG_2061.jpg
    IMG_2061.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 240
Back