First Time Build - XS 250

ral30

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Came across this website whilst looking for bits an bobs for my build and thought I'd post.......First time build after picking up an XS 250 about 12 months ago. Its been a big learning curve as this is my first build... I attach some picture of how it started and I will put some more up once I know how to use the site :)

Attachments

• DSC00268[1].jpg
    DSC00268[1].jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1250[1].jpg
    IMG_1250[1].jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 353
Welcome to the forum:) Nice bike. You will find lots of good info here:bike:

Thanks for the post xschris, the bike has changed a lot since the pictures above. Ive attached some up-to-date pictures, I'll hopefully add some more later along with updated ones over the weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 333
Looks great, that back tire is sweet

damn bobbers are growing on me.... Cafe styling forced my hand into an older bike but all these bobber builds look sweet.

thank you for all your comments...I was able to weld the side stand this weekend :) I attach some pictures. I'm now looking to sort the electric box etc but with this in mind I was after some advice regarding lights... Am I correct in saying if you run it as a day bike you do not require indicator etc just a rear light and head light? (In the Uk?)

I was also wondering what the smallest number plate I can have is (In the Uk?)..

Attachments

• IMG_2791.jpg
    IMG_2791.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2794.jpg
    IMG_2794.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 291
Its been a while.... Thanks for the reply an information :). Slow progress but completed the battery box, and am now going to start putting the engine back together - hopefully :)image.jpg

I checked top speed for the xs400 says 87mph which is faster than the endure 360dt.Not bad.Plus your milege is 55mpg.I need find one of these for the mrs.Im realy wanting her to learn to ride.

Back