Foot peg options?

gentlemanjim

More Wrenchin than Ridin
Reaction score
Has anyone discovered a source how to install trick foot pegs like the anodized ones from Emgo or Pro Tek? Our bikes seem to have the reversed clevis.

Rather than making a new thread I am bumping this one that never got any replies. Recently I have seen a few bikes on here with aftermarket driver's foot pegs. Mine are in pretty bad shape and I noticed that they do not appear to be taken apart without cutting off the rivet/pin that passes through the joint. What about replacement damping rubbers for the mounting bracket?

I swapped mine right to left, ground down the pin and flipped the pegs. Moves them back about 4-6". If you weld in a tab/stopper, you could run aftermarket pegs.
033-3.jpg

I have emgo one on mine, just file off the rivet and use a "top hat" clevis pin and secure with a split pin.

Thanks for the replies. I will probably go aftermarket because my rubbers are fubar.

frwinks, I have a shorter aftermarket shift lever (a little too short, actually), so the left side should not be a problem, but how is rear brake operation with the pegs pushed back 4 to 6 inches?

Oh, Drewpy, are all the emgo pegs the same? Looking on Ebay shows some marketed to specific makes and models, but they all look the same.

I had to shorten the shifter by 2-3" and mine is a little short too. I don't use the rear brake 99% of the time, but the lever would have to be shortened for proper position. For now, I just stomp right on the pedal when I really need the extra help from the rear brake.

Back