GSXR engine swap....

1lowdiesel

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So sitting here at work brainstorming about a motor swap and found a good deal on a GSXR 600 motor complete with wiring and all just needs a few small things to make it run.

I have the mechanical capabilities to actually make it fit and work, but i'm more concerned about the handling of the bike with that motor in it. The bike it would be going on is lowered and will be stretched so i figured that should help the handling a bit. I can do dual front disc to help the braking.

So what are the cons....?

it won't be an xs400 then :D

The weight might upset the balance of the bike and overload the componants for power which they were not designed for.

I would also brace the frame too. The cast wheel swould be ok as they were used in xs1100's.

Yea i figured that some frame bracing would be in order anyway. i was thinking about actaully widening the split of the frame under the bike to better ballance the motor in there.

I guess the only real components that would still be on it would be the rear sprocket right?

baahhh for the price i'm getting the motor for i could care less if i have to get one custom made.

I don't think this has ever been done right?

Back