Lets see those Handlebars...

1lowdiesel

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
One of the biggest things i had to decide on my bike was what type or style of handle bars to go with that would match the look of the bike. Also getting fid of the bulky factory controls. I searched everywhere and couldn't really find any threads that were just about different style bars on different style bikes, most of them were just threads on bikes and never really a good shot of the bars and controls.

So i'm hoping this thread will help people decide on a style of bars based on the look you're going for. Also a nice shot of the controls if you've done anything custom.

So....

I have a Dirtbike handlebar, think it turned out pretty good :) I'm gonna try to customize the controls this winter!

clubman's for that classic cafe look ...

2012-05-10_16-24-47_983.jpg

I'm running Renthal bars on my tracker with stock controls. After checking out some aftermarket controls, the stock controls ain't so bad imo

P1030168.jpg

For the controls,try Dime City cycles. They have universal units,lights,etc. I've never bought from them,but have perused the site a few times. lha

I'm running Renthal bars on my tracker with stock controls. After checking out some aftermarket controls, the stock controls ain't so bad imo

P1030168.jpg

Hey i just bought those shocks on ebay... did you have to modify to fit them.. also how do they perform.

Mine are 15.75" so yes, I fabbed the mounting points around the shocks :D They are great shocks right out of the box, I still haven't played around with the nitrogen charge

I started out with drag bars but soon realized how much I liked clubmans. Made these from a set of stock bars I think, I have a tote full from various bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 802
DSC00124.jpg

GEDC0239-1.jpg

GEDC0237-1.jpg

'79 rigid chopper thing. built to beat on. havent riddin it lol
hella narrow Z bars bought them for 40 bucks and stripped off the chrome and cleared them. 5 or 6 inch rise? 21 inches wide overall.

I love that bike but, that looks uncomfortable as hell. I can't imagine riding with my hands that close together.

I needed something fairly wide to feel "normal".

68514d54.jpg

2ccdd5f7.jpg

freakkkk volcom i love your bars so much. i think bars play one of the biggest impacts on your overall style. chose them wisely

418588_10150946223165064_1928665747_n.jpg

Yeah, I need to road test still... it works fine in my garage (although must be misaligned, because I shouldn't be able to peer at myself quite as well as I can in this picture...)

Back