Maxim-umm's build thread.

Maxim-umm

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm back. I was here about 4-5 years ago making some good progress on my 1982 xs400j DOHC project, but life progressed and took over my time. Back then I was engaged then newly married so I had a lot of time on my hands. Then I had a kid, happiest day of my life! ...Then a couple years later, another kid and a new job position. Was working 70 hours a week as a chef and decided enough was enough. We moved back to the Seattle area to give ourselves a new start. Now I'm back in school for Networking/IT stuff and am able to start back up on the bike.:rock:

For the last few years it's been sitting under a tarp outside:doh:. I didn't have a garage so I had to make due with what I had. I had "winterized" it, but didn't plan on it sitting for years. Now that I have the space I realized I'm back at square one. I'll try to take pictures as I go and keep this thread updated for anyone interested.

My plan is bobber/rat style. Looking at some of the mods I've already done I'll probably redo them. Some are just hideous and/or extremely amateurish:redface: since I was rushing toward the end before my first was born. Anyway, sorry for the long post and thank you for having me back. I hope to be a contributing part of this community again with the little bit of knowledge you've already provided for me and mistakes I've made. I'll get pictures up soon!:cheers:

Welcome back! and congrats on the kids! I have one left at home so am able to find time for my project now :)

Hopefully your project has faired well as outside in the NW can be a little wet at times :laugh2: looking forward to see what your ideas are and also pics!

Back