My 360 engine dont turn after run on the side

Normand

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have a big problem and i need some advise. I dont speak very well sorry about that
:(

I just loose control of my bike in the garden at around 5km/h and it fall on the side and run for 5 sec before stop. Now, my engine cannot turn anymore, i cant even crank it. I think about the oil infiltrate the cylinder head/valve while he was on the side..Is it possbible that cause the engine to get stuck and cannot turn. I dont feel a broken piston. Is someone ever got his bike stuck like that?

Thank

Normand

Hi, i have a big problem and i need some advise. I dont speak very well sorry about that
:(

I just loose control of my bike in the garden at around 5km/h and it fall on the side and run for 5 sec before stop. Now, my engine cannot turn anymore, i cant even crank it. I think about the oil infiltrate the cylinder head/valve while he was on the side..Is it possbible that cause the engine to get stuck and cannot turn. I dont feel a broken piston. Is someone ever got his bike stuck like that?

Thank

Normand

Try taking spark plugs out and kicking it over. The cylinders might be hydro locked?

Pull your spark plugs in case one of your cylinders filled with fuel. While the spark plugs are out try to start your bike with the "RUN" switch on the handlebar turned off.

***What he said***^^^^

Not sure about the oil as that would blow out the exhaust. Maybe the cam chain or starter chains bound up. Don't force the motor to turn over. Start removing the side cases first then the top end and see what the issue is.

Bonsoir Normand,

Comme motoTrooper l'a dit il se pourrait qu'un de tes cylindres se soit rempli d'essence. Tu le sauras tout de suite en enlevant les bougies. Sinon une des chaines du moteur s'est probablement emmêlée. Laisses nous savoir comment ça va.

Seb

Back