NEED HELP!

mattg666

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, i have all the fab work done on my 1980 xs400, basically im down to the wiring and just need to get it hooked up to get it running to make sure its all sound before i proceed with paint and all. anywho! i know there is a thread on making a wiring harness and all that jazz but i have the complete stock wiring harness in my possession and not very electrically inclined, So! my question is this...if i just cut out everything i dont need, will it still work fine? or do things run in series with the major components to where i will have to cut that out and splice it back and all...im literally keeping just the basics. also, which wires would be the headlight and which would be the taillight. i have everything else identified and taped off that i need to keep. i just wanted to ask this before i start cutting into it and cut something out that is wired in series with something i need. please help!!

in short: since i have the things i NEED tmarked and taped off, if i cut everything else out, will it work? and also, which wires are the head light and tailights?

Click on the XS400 TECH button. Scroll down to electrical, find the how to rewire an XS400.
Leo

Back