Need Some Expertise..Please Knowledge?!?!

Tenseku

XS400 Member
Reaction score
First Off. Hello my name is Michael and I am new to xs400.com as well as forum (always thought they were overrated yet...) I have a few questions for the xs400.com community and would love some help so here goes.

I have just purchased my very first bike in hopes of having a nice project to twiddle my thumbs with and decided upon what i believe to be a 1980 xs400g?
That being said I am stoked to have a older project to work on but unfortunatley I know little about it.

If you are so inclined...
1. What is the exact Year, Make, Model, ETC. How do you tell the difference between the 400g and 400sg. My Vin Is (Follow Up)

2.It has almost no wiring i need to redo it what is the best way of going about finding the proper diagram and more importantly all the necessary components in order for it to run. The correct TDI box and relays

3.I bought the bike for 100$ did I waste my money

I mean all in all i have the know how when it comes to the top and bottom end and carbs but electrical is my downfall. I will take any advice given as a merciful blessing.
Anything you need to know i will provide I am a newb and just would like some guidance from wise experienced individuals such as yourselves.:D

Hi Welcome,
manuals are stickyd at the top of the garage page.
the forum search key always brings up good info for questions, super usefull.
and there's a great group of people here always willing to help.
enjoy.

Welcome to the forum:) If the bike has a clear title then you did ok. Post some pics of the bike so we can see/help you better.

welcome!

odds are that you can sell the carbs alone on ebay for 100$, no money wasted yet!

Back