Newest XS400 build

Hipshifter

XS400 Member
Reaction score
81 XS400, used Travis' frame jig I purchased (thanks Travis:thumbsup:) and now I'm headed to The Smoke Out 14, in Rockingham NC. See you there...:bike:

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
looks awesome :) how the hell do you ride it with clip ons and forward controls?? I guess you wouldn't wanna be wearing tight jeans.

Made back from Smoke Out. What a blast if you gat the chance go. Got "El Caballo" painted for the trip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 335
that is some nice work there man. Love the corona with it :D

what exactly does that blade-like thing do? The one connecting your handlebars with a red cable? Is that a gear shifter?

that is some nice work there man. Love the corona with it :D

what exactly does that blade-like thing do? The one connecting your handlebars with a red cable? Is that a gear shifter?

I was wondering the same thing. Looks almost like a shifter, with a linkage hooked to it. Be interesting to know what it is, and how it works. Beautiful bike!:thumbsup:

(EDIT: I see now from comparing the two different pics of each side, it's a suicide shifter. Awesome the way it's set up.)

Last edited:
It's my shifter. Right side shift with crossover linkage. Thanks.

Very nice! Is there any particular reason you went right side instead of left? I love mechanical set-ups like that. Does it shift smoothly with no binding because of the way it's routed? I'd eventually like to put a suicide shifter on mine, but it'll more than likely be left side.:thumbsup:

What's up. I have multiple bikes with left side suicide shifts. Just trying something different. Yes it operates very smooth. Short throw, positive engagements. Linkage set up with Heims ends and brass sleeves. Fabbed my attach points with sheet steel. Works great.

I forgot to post the most important pic. This is from Daytona bike week. Four days after arriving there with all new sheet metal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 291
Hey guys and gals. The August issue of The Horse Mag will be out soon. Pick it up if you get a chance. "El Caballo" made his debut appearance there. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 285
Back