Potential Build. Ideas will be frequently updated and posted here!

Gordon12

XS400 Newb
Reaction score
First post here lads. I will hopefully be acquiring a Maxim 400 soon, complicated. But I'm trying to get the gist of things together so I know what I want to do with it when I get my hands on it. I'm going to update this thread with ideas as they come along, though I already have many, but figured I wouldn't throw them all out there at once and get feed back from everyone. Here's my one of my contemplations below.

I'm going to make the assumption not many have attempted or thought about putting halos in their head lights? It would be pretty cool during the day and dusk times. I can't imagine how it would look with halogens though. Below is something I've found I really like the purple but wouldn't match anything else on my potential build. And I can't find anything with a standard light assembly with the light on of course. All of them have been with projectors. And the best part is even if it doesn't look good with the headlight on you can turn it off with a separate switch! Let me know what you guys think or if you've come across some

8341_1_.jpg

P.S. This is going to be my first bike (own) and I don't have much if any experience with working on bikes. Cars a bit here and there. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in anyway! I'll try and not step on any feet either!

doesnt matter if you tread on toes..well i dont mind anyway

its good to share what you think will work and others to tell you otherwise then you prove them wrong..lol

welcome aboard

yeah man, i feel like weve talked before. lol. welcome to the forum. i like the halo idea. im aweful with electronics, so if i decide to do that, ill be sure to let you know. that way, you can just come over and help (do it) lol

doesnt matter if you tread on toes..well i dont mind anyway

its good to share what you think will work and others to tell you otherwise then you prove them wrong..lol

welcome aboard

Thanks Red! I feel like I'm talking Kurtwood Smith from that 70's!

I love that headlight, that is sick! Welcome!

Thanks, I'm hoping there will be people who have tried the halos already. Or I might just get the purple halos like I like and leave them off at night if it doesn't look good.

Welcome Gordon, good luck with the purchase.

Daddio, I've seen your thread, great work, keep it up! And it's hopefully going to be free, if not then maybe a couple of bills, but it'd be worth it for the condition it's in.

yeah man, i feel like weve talked before. lol. welcome to the forum. i like the halo idea. im aweful with electronics, so if i decide to do that, ill be sure to let you know. that way, you can just come over and help (do it) lol

Haha, volcom. Sure, when the time comes, I'll make sure it works on mine before I attempt it on yours.

EDIT:

Since we're on the subject of lighting. I plan on cutting off some of the rear fender and getting a different seat which I will go into later, but so far this is probably the best light which I have found to be suitable for the style. It's a light for a CBR600RR, sequential light, yes like the old Mustangs and the most recent generation! Since the fender will be shorter this would be placed under the seat. See pictures and video below for more details!

This shows the light just on, looks flat, my eyes played a trick on me too! It actually comes together at an angle, but it should be sufficient as it appears flat enough.

H-7RR6-S1.jpg

Below is the light off and you can see what I meant by angle.

H-7RR6-S-1-L.jpg

Now for the best part, turn your volume down in case it might be loud.

If there's enough room I'd get the plate under the light. Stay tuned for what kind of seat I'm going to use!! =]

EDIT 2:
Now that I got home and have the picture of the seat, here it is; Well this is the black one the way I'd want it, but I would get it reupholstered in white which I found out does not cost as much as I thought. Since it's nearly impossible to find a white seat with those specs. And just out of curiosity, is there a specific term for the strap, aside from the obvious?

Norton-S-Type-Seat.jpg

White Upholstery
3515yc8.png

Back