Rewiring my bike

Tricksta229

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
So i'm having a few problems with my 1982 XS 400 Special... Somebody totally rewired my bike for a 4 pin relay flasher instead of the stock 3 pin so my blinkers don't blink they just stay a solid red. Also my kickstart works but my electric ignition doesn't (Not to big of a deal). I'm don't exactly know what I'm doing when it comes to electrical. Is it something I can learn how to fix through this forum, diagrams and etc or am I going to need to consult someone who knows a bit on how to wire bikes?

Someone i knew told me i might be able to wire a car relay flasher to my bike? If there is any advice you might have it would be much appreciated.

My tail light and headlight work so I guess the real question is if I can just find the right person to pass inspection do people really drive their motorcycle/bobbers without blinkers and get away with it?

think he means electric starter drewpy,there are afew wiring diagrams on this site so u can check that every thing is correct,but if poss go to a good electical mechanic

Back