rip and tear

tritowns

XS400 Member
Reaction score
well, brought my xs maxim into my garage... read that my kitchen... so my son and I could start pulling it apart...

not real big on how the stock bike looks as it was kinda beat up when i got it. I figure i'll do a tracker looking build.

so atleast its started... the ripping and tearing part that is
SSPX0719.jpg

SSPX0727.jpg

lol... thanks... anyone know how to get the airbox out without taking the engine off the frame?... i'm thinking saws all...

Hi, Tritowns,

Looks like a fun project. Keep up the posts.

I'm wondering if you're going to be using the original bar mounts in your new build? I have a Seca 400 and just lately have been kicking around the idea of somehow positioning my bars a bit up and back. It's a bit of a long reach for me to the stock bars but otherwise their bend is very comfy. And just now I see your pictures and have just realized the stock Maxim bar mounts look to be just what I want - a bit up and a bit back compared to the stock Seca mounts.

Anyway, if you're going to go with something different, I know of a ready market for your old ones - me! :)

Thanks,

Kirk

I'm actually looking for a set of low risers... how tall at the risers on the seca? I have a set of low rise bars already... really didn't like the looks of the maxim... that's just me.

The stock risers put the bottom of the handlebar about 3/4" above the top of the triple clamp. Zero "pull-back".

If you're interested - I'll swap ya...

You first. :)

No, really, you first, because my Seca is my daily rider (here in sunny central Florida). If you send me yours, I'll put swap 'em on and send you mine back. PM me if you like, or email me direct at kirkcheri@msn.com

:)

Kirk

Copyof004-4.jpg

Back