What did you do with your XS today?

This is the reason I want to change my handlebars over from stock.The stock are too narrow and angle they`re in make my wrist and hands cramp.I tryed moving them forward it didnt help.I dont like the looks of the stock bars anyways.So its not a matter "if" they are coming off its when my budget will let me.

I had my carbs off 3 times trying to figure out where its leaking from:banghead:.I got a couple of short rides in:bike: before it died and I had walk it home 3 times from 3 blocks away twice:mad:.After the 3rd time of taking the carbs off and inspecting them I found out why it was leaking:D.I left a gasket off one of the fuel bowls and had both gaskets on the fuel bowl from the other carb.:doh:

Good news is most of major leaks have been fixed,also my exhaust crossover was making contact with the centerstand so I took the stand off.No more vibrations.I also put the airboxes back on.Seems also yesterday I sync my carbs pretty good visualy cause now my bike is running better than ever and the electric start only has to make half of revolution to crank and it starts right up.Its never started this easy before.I had blue smoke before and its gone,stopped.:thumbsup:As much as I wanted to take it for a spin I DIDNT!After alot of tweeking and hard work Im very pleased with the outcome.:bike:

I buttoned up the upgrades for this season... the inaugural ride is tomorrow and I will get some photos too. Be on the look out for my ancient build thread :)

My fingers are crossed for no surprises!

Well I thought I`d be riding it but its too dam cold.We have an ENE wind blowing off of Lake hurons cold waters today.Tomorrow flash flood watch so crap spring continues!:mad:

Took the 80 out for another 50 miles and got it inspected. Love them xs360 carbs. Charging the battery for the 79 will try to get that out next week:bike:

It may sound like minute little achievement but considering it controls the gas flow coming out of the tank I fixed my broken fuel outlet on the petcock.With alot of luck that the rain holds of long enough it supposed to be in the 70`s tomorrow and I`ll get to ride without any glitches.

Spring has arrived in Denmark - so I will leave the XS alone, and ride my XJ 600 Diversion S.

Yesterday I tried to paint a thin line parallel to the one I have paintet from the headlight, down the tank, and ending at the licensplate. Painting one line is pretty easy - I can't see, if it is not 100 % straight. But doing a line next to it reveals just the thiniest deviation :( So I gave up. Couldn't get the tape to follow the first line. In stead I'm going for laquer !

went out on the tracker and it ran onto one cylinder in the middle of no-where, sh*t I said to myself.

Do you carry on and risk stalling, never to run? or carry on with a 200cc single pot and a 200cc air pump?

I carried on and got a max 50 mph on the flat :D got home, but every motorist decides to to 20 mph or just stop which makes things interesting.

got home ok. It wasn't the battery nor the coils so its the electronic ignition. :(

So tracker is awaiting its next "upgrade"..................

Back