What did you do with your XS today?

What failed? Why not put a factory tci in it. There is a lot of them still around.

not easy on the tracker as not much room

sorted now but got a scare thinking i bore washed the pot due it not running and me driving it 10 miles :) tons of white smoke pouring out

turns out it was fuel in the exhaust :wink2:

good old points:D

I rode it and rode it:bike: and had wind gust almost blow me off the road so I came home.Then I painted my engine black,washed the rims,waxed the gas tank.put a clamp around a loose muffler pipe junction.With my bald head what hair I do have the wind made me look like mad scientist:yikes: LOL.Im trying to find my old bandanas.Oh when I rode I definately can feel more power than the bike last year.I got the bike up to 70mph:yikes:Yes it was scary to me:eek:

Last edited:
Not today, but Saturday I got it started. It hasn't run for at least seven years, so even getting one cylinder to fire on gasoline (instead of starting fluid) was a big milestone for me. Got to find what's keeping the left cylinder from firing. Has good spark, will check the carb again.

the ducks are in the pond, time to get crackin' on the mods for this season:bike:

Freshened up the old crusty wheels yesterday :bike:

Attachments

• DSC02498.jpg
    DSC02498.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 862
Fixed and modified side covers for bigger battery fitment, puzzled over then finally got my center stand on, got the back wheel and tire changed, adjusted the chain, and today was a lazy day in my world of late!

Finished up wiring her new tail light which looks far better than the plastic brick IMO, really happy with the turn out. Then popped in some new float valves and took her out of hibernation. She ran great, strong and smooth :bike:

got home and found out i lost my plate somewhere :shrug:

Iwas polishing the engine covers. it shines realy nice. Then I dissasembled all electrical connectors and clean them, so I do not have any bug in armature lightning any more. And also I changed all rusted screws with inox screws, so my xs is real beauty now.:D

fixed my dual tail/brake light and my horn last night! :D finally I heard my lil XS roar its horn. Not too impressed to be honest, don't really know what I expected :p

off to stafford tomorrow on the bike with a dohc buddy from the YOC forum.

Stafford?, one of the biggest International classic bike shows in the UK!

I'm about to ride in the opposite direction, away from a vintage bike swap meet being held virtually in my back yard. I had to choose between the swap meet and spending money, or working and making money...

Took both bikes out for a nice long ride each. Going to take one of them for a 100mi run tomorrow around the lake:bike:

Gosh it was such a great day to be outside and I didnt even get a chance to ride.I got a financial blessing twice today so now Im able to get the parts my bike needs.So far I bought and installed crankcase filter.I bought some exhaust wrap also.I benched sync and reinstalled my carbs today also.

Back