What did you do with your XS today?

had a DOH! moment

Couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the pass/flash lamp to work on the tracker.

turns out i got the wrong relay and this after 1000 miles of riding :doh:

Took old brake perch off by breaking it. Can't figure out how to get grip and throttle off without slicing it, so checked tracking for my manual again! Checked tracking for tube and tires. Looked at bike again...:)

Took old brake perch off by breaking it. Can't figure out how to get grip and throttle off without slicing it, so checked tracking for my manual again! Checked tracking for tube and tires. Looked at bike again...:)

hairdryer or hot water on the grip with soften it

I mounted my front tire to the bike,came up with way to be able to use my cheap conestyle filters and installed them to the carbs.Installed one side of the exhaust system.

Strengthened my resolve to get it running LOL after I worked on my truck. ( hate chrysler, if lock tite dont work I'm JB welding the caliper bolts LOL) I installed right side motor mount to find one of the studs is stripped. Ill remove tomorrow and see what I can do to it. Few things I plan to do tomorrow. Also read manual on carbs again as Im taking them apart again. Think floats are wrong, flooded bad. Waiting on carb holders and gaskets. Won't be here till Thursday. Plan is to get everything else done I want to get done tomorrow. Install master cylinder, flush brake line, make sure caliper is workin and I have front brake. Try and fix the little light tree between gauges. Monday carbs getting tore down again, cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned again. Then everything set to factory. Making a manometer so I can be sure they are synced. Petcock rebuild kit is also on its way so im tearing that apart so I'm not even tempted to try this till everything is set right and new stuff installed. yea last $100 is down to $45 LOL:banghead::banghead::banghead:

new ass:bike:

Attachments

• DSC02576.jpg
    DSC02576.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 211
Been reading the forums fir a few weeks. Started chopping at the rear. Removed the battery box and filters, cut off some no longer needed tabs, cut my snow skate seat pan to length, got my oil filter and shorai battery in the mail, pondered what wires I can get rid of, packed my extra set of carbs to be sent off to Florida, started drawing out knee cutouts so I can hammer them into my extra tank... still at it. We'll see where I get to with it this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 206
Rode and rode for hours today and yesterday. It's hard to believe that it snowed last Sunday and today it was too hot to wear jeans under my mesh ICON pants or more than a t-shirt under my lightweight leather jacket. What a day!

Got new brake pads in and bled the fluid for what appears to be the first time (THE FLUID LOOKED LIKE BROWN JELLO). Presently trying to work out a voltage issue because I appear to have no voltage when the brand new battery reads fine.

Took for ride out in the counttry Mrs followed me in the truck.When we found the right spot it was on.I got out the miniruger14 with a couple of boxes off 223 ammo and used the bike for target pratice.Shes full of holes and pretty much destroyed now.The frame still might be good I`ll go double check tomorrow and if its I`ll shoot the dam pos again:thumbsup:

Hmmmm Scorpio Sounds like you've been having some anger issues. I hadn't thought of shooting mine just the guy who did such crappy ham handed work on it. Yesterday I did a little work on the fork tubes. Took them apart drained the oil & swill that collected in them. Stuffed a rag down them to clean em up and did what I could to remove the swill that was fork oil. Any one with experience on fork gaitors? my dust seals disintegrated and I like gaitors better. They'd look amazing on my intended flat black stealthy street beast.

Took for ride out in the counttry Mrs followed me in the truck.When we found the right spot it was on.I got out the miniruger14 with a couple of boxes off 223 ammo and used the bike for target pratice.Shes full of holes and pretty much destroyed now.The frame still might be good I`ll go double check tomorrow and if its I`ll shoot the dam pos again:thumbsup:

got pics?:D

Oh dam I forgot to say that this was a dream I had but realy I feel like doing it.Beating it with a crow bar or baseball bat doesnt cut it.I guess I could try and burn it.I realy do hate this bike.:banghead:

The last time I went down was in my yard on wet grass on my XS Eleven. Laughing my ass off all the way cuz I knew it wasnt bad and nothing would be damaged.

But if having gone down, gone over the high side, gotten road rashed makes one "the real deal" biker wise, been there, done that, got the t-shirt and no desire to try again.

That's weird, I was on Tapatalk and must have responded to something way back (at the doctors waiting), but someone said something about not being a real biker till you've been down on a bike. I think a minor going down is an inevitability, but as far as not being a "real biker" because you've never had a bad scare at high speed I say BS!

I like fast, a lot of us on bikes do; here's my deal, on a long legal pass (you can speed to pass in Washington), 20mph over the limit, but get right back down to no more than 5MPH over preferably after the pass. If the flow on the Freeway is 75, do 80 if you like, but generally I always stick to 5, or maximum in optimal conditions 10MPH over on back country roads and such and accelerating quickly, and cornering. I try and ride the right side of the center oil slick, unless coming to a corner for visibility, it's almost always better to go around someone on the right than the left, and following too close is a NO NO! If they are slow enough to annoy you like that, find a passing zone and have some balls and pass them. If they are driving a land Yacht, find a safe place to pass. When riding with other bikes in formation, don't follow too close and use a stagger formation, one to the right of the center slick, the next to the left and so on.

I've got a lot of experience and like to push things a bit, but it's about fun and safety and I NEVER push anything until I know my machine intimately. There is no reason to get hurt unless it's someone else's mistake and you can't avoid it or a freak thing like a deer or turtle. I have an uncanny ability to spot deer but I am kind of a freak for reasons too complicated to explain here, but ALWAYS scan for movement and never be staring at scenery. That's what the kickstand is for, looking at scenery.

Back