What did you do with your XS today?

haha, yes we must get together this season...I think I owe Lou a coffee meet from late last season too, so maybe a nice romp through the local areas one weekend?

Synced carbs...

Attachments

• CAM00035.jpg
    CAM00035.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 210
Let see I fine tuned the carbs refined and readjusted the valves ,waiting on my pods which should be here sometime this afternoon.Another dang company thats giving me the run around that I will probaly not do business with again.

the first pic looks strange, cause it seems you do not have your hand on the throttle handle:)
had to realize that it is a pic of a mirror.

Ha yea Lupe kinda tricked me too when i looked back at it. My other had is actually on my shifter.

Well Lou i'm actually back in NJ now, that was at the docks down my my house right across from the Staten Island landfill lol. It's a striped bass, 30" 12lbs.

Ha yea Lupe kinda tricked me too when i looked back at it. My other had is actually on my shifter.
Well Lou i'm actually back in NJ now, that was at the docks down my my house right across from the Staten Island landfill lol. It's a striped bass, 30" 12lbs.
LOL a salt water bass, but not a Chilean "Sea Bass" (a.k.a. Patagonian Toothfish :yikes: )!
Sorry for the confusion. I was pretty sure that the Wabash didn't flow into the Atlantic, so I was going to guess Asian Carp :wink2:

WAS going to wetsand tank and clear coat but after a snafoogle with carbs I ordered. They showed up today. (I recieved an empty box the other day lol I wasnt expecting them til tomorrow got free front brake line and some hardware tho) Ground dirt and rust off headers which I removed yesterday and painted them black, cleaned carbs boiled for two hours while I ground rust. Then two cans of spray and an air nozzle. (impatiently awaited gaskets) fool hardedly re-assembled carbs with old gaskets. Installed carbs and new see thru inline filter with new fuel line. Bolted exhaust back up. Pulled out the tank put her on. Hooked battery back up. Lil shot of starting fluid(patience is a virtue) she fired right up, ran, idled reved up a few times, she ran on her own and then i felt under carb bowls yea you guys know it leaked LOL So tomorrow plan is pull carbs off, PATIENTLY wait for gaskets, I had already pulled tach and speedo off cause paint peeled off so they are painted and ready to go back on. Going to do quite a few things tomorrow :D so i can :bike:

ordered an inline fuel filter today. Should've done that as soon as i bought it. Word from home is my 17t sprocket showed up too so that's going on next time I make it home! :D

No work on the bike today but went diving this morning (and played with the giant cuttlefish) and then to Throttle Roll custom bike event in the afternoon. Beers, live music and custom bikes.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• me and calamari.jpg
    me and calamari.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 195
  • pic284.jpg
    pic284.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 189
Finally got carbs back together with new float valves and gaskets. Cleaned jets and passages again for good measure and removed diaphragms and cleaned slides. Reassembled then scratched my head a lot trying to get carbs back in and decided for the sake of my sanity i want pods lol So future plans are pods and jet kit after I get a real exhaust. The stock ones the baffles were either cut out or fell out lol So after getting carbs in and hooked up. I reinstalled my freshly painted gauges and hooked up the new speedometer cable. Found some real bolts for battery cover, removed the racing bungee holding the battery in and properly mounted cover. I know you think im crazy for losing that extra 2hp the bungee was providing but its ugly LOL and Im installing a mudflap which gives 5 anyways lmfao. So then I wrestled the tank on. Primed her and she imediately started leaking from float bowl screw! Specifically the drain hole on back of bowl. Just couple drips but steady. Removed screw to check it out. Just enough of the tapered end is gone to let fuel thru and out the drain hole. Uggg! Couldnt resist she fires right up, running strong on both cylinders. Shut her down tried finding small enough o-ring to get in back of hole but gave up cause i dont want to force it in and have rubber pcs in my clean carbs. A lil chunk of rust fell out when I first cleaned them and I suspect it was that and I didnt notice it was not flush at bottom of bowl. So I found some bolts for air cleaner cover and called it a day. I ordered two new screws and am once again patiently awaiting my post friend. Also a new air cleaner. Plan for tomorrow is go get new oil as filter is sitting on bench. Change that out and Im gonna try this wetsanding thing on the tank. Oh yea and I keep forgetting about the damn front brake leaking. Need those!! LOL Hope these are not too long but I love this bike and Im putting in a lot of work to get her on the road glad we have this forum. A lot of you have been very helpful. Thanks again :)

Back