What did you do with your XS today?

I received my new condenser(s) and points in the mail and will replace that tomorrow. Re-patched the right side exhaust...concluded that 'muffler cement' works well but in the end is only a temporary fix. @ this point I am not ready to splurge on a pair of mufflers soooo re-patch it is.:bike:

I set up a Dexter style kill room and painted my frame. VHT rattle can primer then VHT roll bar paint in satin black. I used 3/4 can of primer and 2 cans of the roll bar paint. I am pretty happy with the results. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Yesterday I replaced my clutch lever and perch after the bike falling off its side stand the other week, then readjusted the clutch as it was beginning to slip. Went out for a test ride earlier today and all is good again :)

Tightened up my chain. 2" of play sure seems loose but thats what the manual says. The castle nut that holds the rear wheel on.. how tight is that nut supposed to be? A cotter pin holds it on so it won't back out but going to tight seems like it would crush the bearings.

Tightened up my chain. 2" of play sure seems loose but thats what the manual says. The castle nut that holds the rear wheel on.. how tight is that nut supposed to be? A cotter pin holds it on so it won't back out but going to tight seems like it would crush the bearings.

77lbs for the rear axle nut, yes its tight, no it won't crush as there is a spacer running along the inner bearing race.

2inch? its 20mm (3/4") chain slack at its tightest

Contemplated spending $48 to buy a new engine gasket because I'm leaking oil slowly but then decided to change my oil and filter. It costs much less than $48 and still at least has something to do with the oil lol

Contemplated spending $48 to buy a new engine gasket because I'm leaking oil slowly but then decided to change my oil and filter. It costs much less than $48 and still at least has something to do with the oil lol

Hey, that's moving in the right direction! Going to start cleaning the crankcase, look at honing kits

Waiting patiently(read "checking tracking number every 5 mins) for my helmet to arrive in the mail. I can't even drive my newly bought xs400j from where i bough it...:banghead:

Sometimes I think it would be nice if we could watch a live GPS feed of our shipments or the trucks that they are in as they are traveling cross country to our homes.

Back