Wierd Things Happening Here

SilverTalon

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I was on the road today when I had a random stall. After the stall it seemed like both brakes were a lot tighter (could just be me).

But now when driving I will hear a buzzing over 5000RPM in the first three gears. After that it is gone.

Is there anything topical I could look for, or am I going to need to enlist my buddy (mechanic) to come take a look. I was able to drive it for the rest of the day.

Also, while idling my chances of stalling are much higher. At first I thought it was the choke but opening it didn't help much.

This also happened after I stopped for a fill-up. I'm also wondering if I need to check the wiring on the new breaker panel

The guys are right about the absolute necessity of a fuel filter.The best ones I've found are the ones that have a glass tube in the middle of two threaded ends,and a plastic filter in the middle.You can easily see anything inside of the filter. lha

The guys are right about the absolute necessity of a fuel filter.The best ones I've found are the ones that have a glass tube in the middle of two threaded ends,and a plastic filter in the middle.You can easily see anything inside of the filter. lha

Are they somewhat easy to install?

cut tube insert filter inline with tube...
That's exacly right o learned one,on some,the small plastic ones,once you get trash in them,you could be stranded unless you could blow them clear with your lungs.with the glass ones,you just unscrew the filter,shake out the gunk or replace the element,putit back together,and you're on the road in a few minutes.I use one in my truck,boat and bike.They won't work on fuel injection. lha

Back