Wuths xs400

XS-Time

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Well I don't know the etiquette of posting pictures of someone elses' bike but I think this is for the greater good.
Ever since I decided to build a cafe racer I have been on the look out for other bikes to get ideas from. Especially XS400's. One of the first ones that caught my eye was this You Tube clip

I like the classic looks of his bike. I keep coming back to watch this one.

Here is another clip.

The only problem is the bad quality of the video. I figured if he put a clip on You Tube he must have a picture posted somewhere. Someone on You Tube posted that he could be found on a Polish cafe racer website. Well it took a lot of looking on a site in a language that i can't read but I found these pictures.
Wurthsxs400003.jpg

Wurthsxs400002.jpg

Wurthsxs400001.jpg

There is something about this bike that i just love. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Hi Drewpy
Yeah Wurth's bike was the one that made me get a XS750 tank myself. I'm finding that it is not as streight a bolt on as I was led to belive. But it shure does look good.

Hi hmusket I'm quite familiar with Ringos bike. I don't belive there was much in his build about mounting the tank. I belive the previous owner had already mounted the tank.
The front mounts are pretty straight forward it's getting the rear mounted and keeping the tank level that is my problem.
Oh well I could have just used the stock tank if I wanted it to be easy.

Well I finally bit the bullet. I marked the points where the rear of the tank contacted the frame with a marker. Then I used a little bit of kinetic engineering.:) It only took a handfull of hits with a hammer on each side and it fits nicely over the frame. Now I just need to make some mounts.
I should mention that I bolted my petcock adapter plates on the tank first just to make sure the mounting surface didn't deform when I hit it.

Back